Ibanez SD-9 Sonic Distortion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ibanez SD-9 Sonic Distortion

There's one of these pedals on ebay, and I've heard a few clips of it, and it sounds like a fuller, grittier tubescreamer. I was just wondering if any of you guys have had a chance to use one of these back when they were in production. If so, how was it? It sounded good from the clip, but that's doesn't say much. I'd rather get a tried and true opinion. Thanks!
    woooooo

Re: Ibanez SD-9 Sonic Distortion

Bump...
    woooooo

Comment

Check out the reviews on Harmony Central if there are no replies. Bump it again on Tuesday - labor day has many people away from their computers.

Comment

I have one. I don't use it that much only because it has an intermittant contact problem, but tone-wise, it's cool. Art Thompson, the pedal maven who writes for Guitar Player Magazine is the one who told me about it. He describes it as doing what the TS-9 does, but getting way "hairier." So if it's "hair" that you're looking for, the SD-9's got it.

BTW, Maxon, the folks that originally made them for Ibanez, is still making them.
        Evan Skopp, Inside Track International
        Sales and marketing reps for Musopia, Reunion Blues, and Q-Parts.

Comment

Are the Maxon ones comparable to the older Ibanez ones, or are they similar?
          woooooo

Comment

Working...
          X