Rainsong guitars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rainsong guitars

My first impression of these guitars was that they looked cool, so they must sound really bad. I heard a guy at a coffee shop playing one and it sounded pretty good. Granted I didn't hear it compaired to anything, so thats where you all come in! I am sure that its not going to sound better than a D16 Martin or a nice Taylor, but from what the guy was telling me, he sais they Handle abuse really well, and they handle weather better than any other guitar he has played. (and thats nice when you live in iowa and you go from 100 degrees in the summer to -20 in the winter) Anyone else played on of these?? (i should also mention he had the hybrid with the carbon fiber top and the mahogony sides, not the high end all carbon fiber model)

Thanks everyone
    RYAN
    sigpic
    GUITARS: 2 Fender Strats, and Epi Les Paul
    PEDALS: X2 Wireless, 535Q crybaby, Line6 MM4, ISP Decimater, OCD, Fulltone GT-500, 2 Boss DD-5's and Digitech Hardwire Stereo Chorus
    AMP: Fender DeVille

Re: Rainsong guitars

well...even the one with a little bit of wood would do u well staying in tune and keeping a standard sound throughout the year.

from what i have heard, these things sound amazing. havent gotten my hands on one yet unfortunately.
    esp ltd deluxe ec-1000 (amber sunburst)
    fender mim standard strat
    peavey classic 30
    johnson j-station
    original ibanez ts-9 (not in use)
    dunlop crybaby (sometimes in use)
    yamaha f-310p acoustic
    taylor 410 acoustic
    "This ain't no ballet-we want people to listen with their eyes closed,to just let the music come inside them and forget their wordly cares..." Duane Allman
    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." - Dr. Suess

Comment

I played a Rainsong at Mandolin Brothers like 2 years ago, before they were too well known. I was drawn to the cool looks. And I, too, expected them to sound like poo. What a shock when I discovered a sweet, delecate tone, with a great attack, and no boominess! The necks play amazing, even on the 12 string. Very under-rated guitar!!
      Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
      My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

The one I tried was a little brittle sounding--almost ice-picky in the highs. Perhaps a change of strings would help tame the beast...

Of course, one man's ice pick is another's clarity.
        Originally posted by LesStrat
        make sure that you own the gear, not vice versa.
        My Music

Comment

I played one about a year ago, and I really liked it. The tone was very even.

Sprinter
          Collings: '08 001-mhsb
          Dean: '02 Hardtail
          Fender: '63 Jazzmaster, '74 Telecaster & '11 American Special Telecaster
          Fender Custom Shop: '16 1962 Custom Telecaster
          Gibson: '78 Les Paul Deluxe & '99 Les Paul Standard
          G&L: '87 Asat, '02 Asat Classic
          Guild: '81 X-79 Skyhawk
          Heritage: '09 H535 25th Anniversary
          PRS: '97 Standard 24 & '99 McCarty

Comment

Amazing guitars...they should be commended for shattering the idea that guitars need to be made of wood- My Adamas SMT has a soundboard made of carbon fiber.
            The only sownside is the price...but the sound and playabilty make up for it!
            Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Working...
            X