banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's in a name (Clapton auction craziness)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's in a name (Clapton auction craziness)

Stumbled across this story:

A real eye opener on what some people will pay for a celebrity-owned guitar...
    Originally posted by Jolly
    ...but then again, I'm so deaf I can't even hear myself fart.

Re: What's in a name (Clapton auction craziness)

I'm speechless

Comment

is eric donating that all to charity?
      my youtubes Instagram Medium blog
      A few original tunes: "The Grand Eclipse" and "Timeless Moments"

Comment

Originally posted by Frantic_Rock
        is eric donating that all to charity?
        It was a little while ago now. I think the proceeds went to financing the not-for-profit rehab centre he set up in Antigua.

Comment

I Love Eric!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
          my youtubes Instagram Medium blog
          A few original tunes: "The Grand Eclipse" and "Timeless Moments"

Comment

that the story about how he sold all of his guitars and the moeny went to charity? if so, that happened a while back. cool story though.
            esp ltd deluxe ec-1000 (amber sunburst)
            fender mim standard strat
            peavey classic 30
            johnson j-station
            original ibanez ts-9 (not in use)
            dunlop crybaby (sometimes in use)
            yamaha f-310p acoustic
            taylor 410 acoustic
            "This ain't no ballet-we want people to listen with their eyes closed,to just let the music come inside them and forget their wordly cares..." Duane Allman
            "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." - Dr. Suess

Comment

You also have to remember that the proceeds from the auction went to the crossroads foundation, a drug and alcohol rehab in Antigua that he helped start. Because the proceeds went to a non profit orginization all moneys are 100% tax deductable. For anyone who can afford to drop a few hundredK for His guitars. They are looking for the right off.
              I understand he is having a second auction for the same reason. This time he is auctioning off "BLACKIE" what do you think that will go for???????
              "So you will never have to listen to Surf music again" James Marshall Hendrix
              "When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will know peace."-Jimi Hendrix

Comment

Pretty incredible. But, these pieces did add to the foundation that our rock/rock n' roll music is built on.
                Still.....

Comment

I predict Blackie (Clapton's signature guitar - the real one) will go for astronomical money. We should all have a gentlemen's bet. How much will that guitar go for?

I'll guess $425,000. That guitar is one of the top 5 Holy Grails.
                  Originally posted by Boogie Bill
                  I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

I'll say $475k.
                    I know for a fact that there's a very wealthy man in the Northwest who likes those Strats a lot. And wouldn't it be a nice piece to have in "his museum" in Seattle?

-

Comment

Blackie is going?

I'm going high: One Million US Dollars. Brownie got in the 400k range, and Blackie IS Eric Clapton. Add inflation and general investor/collector silliness. Pieces like this have a recent history of going way over valuation.

Dweezil came close to that for the Hendrix/Zappa burnt strat, and refused the final bid. Blackie is a collector's holy grail. The only guitars that are in the same category are probably Ed's Frankenstein, The WoodStock Jimi Strat, and SRV's 'first wife'.

Comment

Just think how much that'd be in Australian currency!
                        Originally posted by Boogie Bill
                        I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

Working...
                        X