banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need help on deciding what effect to get.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help on deciding what effect to get.

Hey does anyone know what effect is used on the lead in backwater by the meat puppets. I know its the neck pickup but it sounds pretty fuzzy/muddy in a cool way, maybe his pickups just sound like that? Is it an ocataver or whatever its called? Jimmy Page gets the same sort of sound on the 'fool in the rain' solo. Thanks

Re: Need help on deciding what effect to get.

prolly an octave pedal and a fuzz pedal. I'm not a good judge cuz all fuzz pedals sound the same to me

may have rolled back on the tone knob a bit to get it muddier sounding
    Originally posted by gibson175
    metal zones are for pussies.

Comment

ya, thats probably what it is, it sounds really thick and powerfull with some fuzzy mud attached to the notes

Comment

i havny listened to either of those songs ur talking about, but the sound u describe could come from leaving the wah pedal in a stationary position. If u pull the pedal back a little past halfway, you can make some pretty cool sounds. i heard this effect live on "grand illusion" when i saw styx in concert. pretty badass if u ask me. u should give that a try anyways, its pretty damn cool even if its not exactly what u r looking for.
        my gear: '80s fender bullet (tele style)
        fender dg20ce acoustic
        peavey blazer 15 watt
        line 6 pod 2.3 and floorboard
        Atomic Reactor 112
        Warmoth double fat strat w/ SD Jb bridge and Dimarzio Humbucker from Hell

Comment

Ya I do that sometimes with my wah. But the sound I'm looking for is just a heavily overdriven neck bucker with just a little too much fuzz to it for there to be no effects

Comment

Working...
          X