Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please post Reviews of Stratdeluxer modded TS9s

Hey guys.

I've bought a modded TS9 from Stratdeluxer and was just wondering if anyone that owns 1 could post a review or a link to reviews of this pedal.

Thanx

Craig

Re: Please post Reviews of Stratdeluxer modded TS9s

Also, would you also please post what Guitars, Amps and Pups you use with this pedal.

Thanx.

Craig

Comment

Amps: 66 Fender BF Pro Reverb Combo,1973 50 Watt Marshall Head,Marshall 4x12 A/V Cab,Vox ToneLab LE,Vox VTH Valvetronix 120 Head,Vox AD 2x12 Cab,Roland Cube 20X

Guitars: Several Stratocasters,2 Fender Telecasters,Gibson SG Standard,Tokai Love Rock Les Paul,Dean Acoustic.

Pickups: SD SSL2,SSL5,Twangbanger,Antiquity Surfers,59N,Seth Lover N/B,Dimarzio Fred,Dimarzio VPAF N,Fender Fat 50s,Fralin SP43 Bridge,Brobucker,Antiquity Texas Hot.

Comment

Thanx for the links John

If I hadn't already have ordered 1 of your TS9s, those reviews would give me major GAS

Craig

Comment

Hey! Who deleted all the bad reviews?!

Comment

Originally posted by Simon_F
            Hey! Who deleted all the bad reviews?!
            John must've done. He doesn't want bad reveiws of his products getting out does he!

Just kidding buddy

Comment

Originally posted by Brow
              John must've done. He doesn't want bad reveiws of his products getting out does he!

Just kidding buddy
              Oh gosh.....Not the bad reviews!
              The TS9 sounds great Brow.....Ask Midnite Man,Lew,Butnut,59Paul,Norman T and a ton of other people's TS9s that I can't remember now?
              Amps: 66 Fender BF Pro Reverb Combo,1973 50 Watt Marshall Head,Marshall 4x12 A/V Cab,Vox ToneLab LE,Vox VTH Valvetronix 120 Head,Vox AD 2x12 Cab,Roland Cube 20X

Guitars: Several Stratocasters,2 Fender Telecasters,Gibson SG Standard,Tokai Love Rock Les Paul,Dean Acoustic.

Pickups: SD SSL2,SSL5,Twangbanger,Antiquity Surfers,59N,Seth Lover N/B,Dimarzio Fred,Dimarzio VPAF N,Fender Fat 50s,Fralin SP43 Bridge,Brobucker,Antiquity Texas Hot.

Comment

Yeah, John does such bad work that I've just sent off my SD-1 to him today!!

Kevin

Comment

I can't post a review yet. I have not recieved the pedals back yet. I will say this John has been fantastic to deal with. He has sent me Emails on a regular basis explaining what was being done and what should be done. He even sent me pictures of the boards as they were being modded!!!!. Of course I didn't know what the hell I was looking at. So far I am absoultley thrilled with working with him, and I have no doubt the two pedals he is modding for me (a TS9 and a vintage Crybaby) will scream. ONce I get them I will take a week or so and run them through the ringer and then make a post!!
                  "So you will never have to listen to Surf music again" James Marshall Hendrix
                  "When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will know peace."-Jimi Hendrix

Comment

I have four Tubescreamers, one modded by a friend and three modded by John....one that he did is a just acquired TS-9 that arrived a few days ago, and the other two are TS-5's I bought for real cheap on ebay and had shipped to John and then sent to me, modded. Let me start out by saying although the TS-5 has a slightly brighter sound than my TS-9, I'd put anyone of them up against any stock TS-9 anytime...they're cool little pedals and if you're on a budget they're a great way to get really good TS'r sound. Except for a few components the circuit boards are basically the same in the two pedals.
                    When I activate my John-modded TS-9, however, and hit the #1 position on my Antiquity-loaded American Strat as the signal flows through my Fender Deluxe Reverb cranked to the sweetspot of about "4" or so, it's as 'bout as close to some sheer Strat heaven like I've never experienced before. It's Stevie Ray, it's Jimi, it's Trower, it's every great classic rock sound I've ever heard a musician play out of a Strat. This pedal kicks and sounds excellent in any position on a 5-way switch!
                    And as for using it with a Les Paul, it's rock n' roll all over the place. The sustain is incredible and the tone is vintage. The JB and Jazz I have in that guitar really scream with this TS-9. He really did a great job of dialing that tone in. I love it along with the DS-1 and SD-1 Boss pedals John modded for me as well.
                    I'm not just saying any of this because John's a friend, I'm posting this because IMO John has some really great talents in the circuitries of this and a few other pedals like it. Very clean work, he's anal about that....lol....and very professional looking. I know he could be doing this as a business if he wanted to and compete with the best (I won't mention who but I know for a fact there are some big-name guitarists out there who are hip to John's modded TS-9's), but he'll be the first one to tell you that he loves doing this stuff just because he likes to see people become happier with their sound in a way that is very reasonable. A pretty cool thing to be doing, IMO.
                    Try one of his modded TS-9's if you're really set on having that classic 808 sound, and you'll hear what I'm talkin' about. It's too sweet! Nobody better ever steal mine or I'll track 'em down and do bad, bad things....lol

....Bob

Comment

Originally posted by midnite_man
                      I have four Tubescreamers, one modded by a friend and three modded by John....one that he did is a just acquired TS-9 that arrived a few days ago, and the other two are TS-5's I bought for real cheap on ebay and had shipped to John and then sent to me, modded. Let me start out by saying although the TS-5 has a slightly brighter sound than my TS-9, I'd put anyone of them up against any stock TS-9 anytime...they're cool little pedals and if you're on a budget they're a great way to get really good TS'r sound. Except for a few components the circuit boards are basically the same in the two pedals.
                      When I activate my John-modded TS-9, however, and hit the #1 position on my Antiquity-loaded American Strat as the signal flows through my Fender Deluxe Reverb cranked to the sweetspot of about "4" or so, it's as 'bout as close to some sheer Strat heaven like I've never experienced before. It's Stevie Ray, it's Jimi, it's Trower, it's every great classic rock sound I've ever heard a musician play out of a Strat. This pedal kicks and sounds excellent in any position on a 5-way switch!
                      And as for using it with a Les Paul, it's rock n' roll all over the place. The sustain is incredible and the tone is vintage. The JB and Jazz I have in that guitar really scream with this TS-9. He really did a great job of dialing that tone in. I love it along with the DS-1 and SD-1 Boss pedals John modded for me as well.
                      I'm not just saying any of this because John's a friend, I'm posting this because IMO John has some really great talents in the circuitries of this and a few other pedals like it. Very clean work, he's anal about that....lol....and very professional looking. I know he could be doing this as a business if he wanted to and compete with the best (I won't mention who but I know for a fact there are some big-name guitarists out there who are hip to John's modded TS-9's), but he'll be the first one to tell you that he loves doing this stuff just because he likes to see people become happier with their sound in a way that is very reasonable. A pretty cool thing to be doing, IMO.
                      Try one of his modded TS-9's if you're really set on having that classic 808 sound, and you'll hear what I'm talkin' about. It's too sweet! Nobody better ever steal mine or I'll track 'em down and do bad, bad things....lol

....Bob
                      Wow Bob....I was just floored by the long and honest post from you Bob....I've modded more pedals for you than I have anyone else and that gives you some pretty good insight on the mods...

Thanks to Bludave also...Dave,I like to keep people abreast of each and every step with their pedals...As soon as we get that fulltone part,I can get you wah finished and adjusted up...Should sound like a different pedal...Sure hope so anyway....! Just kidding...I appreciate the posts all...

John

Comment

Well....Craig wanted an opinion and I just told it like it is! I just got through playing the TS-9 and DS-1 with my Les Paul for about an hour, and it all sounded great. That DS-1 does have a sound alot like a Marshall amp when dialed in just right. Cool pedal! The TS-9 is awesome with the Pauly and Fender DR, throw a little Vox-wah in the mix and I had some pretty freaky stuff goin' on. I went from blues to rock to a little bit of some metal riffs, and the 'Screamer really gave it all a nice punctuation.
                        It's just a really great pedal! Everyone should have at least one of these on their pedalboard.
                        ....Bob

Comment

Originally posted by midnite_man
                          Well....Craig wanted an opinion and I just told it like it is! I just got through playing the TS-9 and DS-1 with my Les Paul for about an hour, and it all sounded great. That DS-1 does have a sound alot like a Marshall amp when dialed in just right. Cool pedal! The TS-9 is awesome with the Pauly and Fender DR, throw a little Vox-wah in the mix and I had some pretty freaky stuff goin' on. I went from blues to rock to a little bit of some metal riffs, and the 'Screamer really gave it all a nice punctuation.
                          It's just a really great pedal! Everyone should have at least one of these on their pedalboard.
                          ....Bob
                          Bobby...Does your Vox wah have the Fulltone inductor and Fulltone pot? Gives your wah more range and a more vowel like tone...In my own vox 847 I replaced those 2 parts,did true bypass,and then tweaked the caps and resistors on the board...I think you said Steve did your wah,right?

John

Comment

Working...
                          X