ringing/buzzing around 12th fret

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ringing/buzzing around 12th fret

I've done everything i can, but i cant fix it. It isnt fretbuzz because even when i hit a harmonic i still get the sound. kinda like a chorus / vibrato kinda sound, just really ugly and barely any sustain. its on the high e string. i know its not a fret problem because i can hit a harmonic and it does it. its not the amp/other gear because i can hear it unplugged.
    Help! its really getting on my nerves! thanks
    "So you'll never have to listen to surf music again." -Hendrix

Re: ringing/buzzing around 12th fret

change the string first, then if it keeps doing it, check the nut, make sure you have a good angle comming off the nut. Then check the saddle. You didnt say if it was a LP or a strat or what, but make sure no screws are buzzing and rattling around. Make sure that the string is properly seated at the saddle, and has a good angle on it too. Sometimes, stuff rattles, but it'll only rattle on certain frequencies.
    This is the very perfection of a man, to find out his own imperfections. - St. Augustine of Hippo

Comment

thanks, it's my Evo. It's been doing this for a while. I know it isnt the nut it maybe be something rattling on the bridge but i dont think anything is loose. I'll check it out some more.

Comment

now where'd i put my strings lol

Comment

Working...
        X