No announcement yet.

Are you a bridge or neck pickup guy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Are you a bridge or neck pickup guy?

In the Schecter, the bridge when distorted, and split when clean. The Jag, mostly neck, neck through the rhythm circuit, or combined (the best clean sound in the world). The jag bridge pickup is too thin and twangy for most stuff. Been experimenting more with the neck on the Schecter, which is why I'm considering a Duncan for the neck, if I had more money.
    dan

(I have avatars and sigs turned off. Do you?)

Comment

I almost always use the neck pickup. Very, very seldom do I use the bridge pickup by itself.

Sprinter
      Collings: '08 001-mhsb
      Dean: '02 Hardtail
      Fender: '63 Jazzmaster, '74 Telecaster & '11 American Special Telecaster
      Fender Custom Shop: '16 1962 Custom Telecaster
      Gibson: '78 Les Paul Deluxe & '99 Les Paul Standard
      G&L: '87 Asat, '02 Asat Classic
      Guild: '81 X-79 Skyhawk
      Heritage: '09 H535 25th Anniversary
      PRS: '97 Standard 24 & '99 McCarty

Comment

all neck all the time! I also like pos 2 and 4 on my strat, and the bridge is used sparingly for heavier chording. But all neck! Strat neck pickups are very versatile on their own, they bite and they're soft and warm at the same time!
        2004 50th Anniversary Deluxe American Strat, SETH-N BRIDGE, ANT 2 SURFER MIDDLE, ANT 2 DLX MINI HUM NECK

280K RS guitarworks volume pot, 250k cts tone pots, .047uf paper in oil Jensen aluminum capacitor, running D'addario Chromes 13's with wound g > Analogman Orange Juicer>Acoustic 200H Bass head> Alesis Picoverb> unknown 12'' JBL Orange car speaker

Comment

isnt it funny how the neck is named the rhythm pickup and the bridge lead? It's the other way around for most people!
          2004 50th Anniversary Deluxe American Strat, SETH-N BRIDGE, ANT 2 SURFER MIDDLE, ANT 2 DLX MINI HUM NECK

280K RS guitarworks volume pot, 250k cts tone pots, .047uf paper in oil Jensen aluminum capacitor, running D'addario Chromes 13's with wound g > Analogman Orange Juicer>Acoustic 200H Bass head> Alesis Picoverb> unknown 12'' JBL Orange car speaker

Comment

I use the bridge pickup most of the time. I can't find a good sound out of the neck pickups in my guitars....maybe I just need new/better ones.
            -Tom

Epiphone G400 w/Duncan Custom
            Vox VT15
            Washburn D10SCE
            Getsch Electromatic Junior Jet Bass

Comment

To answer the question: Yes.

I use all of my pups. In the Nitefly, each pup has a distinct tone, and I use them as needed. Also, the tone control is very sensitive in this axe, and rolling it 1-2 notches makes an identifiable tonal change.

On LesStrat, the tone is either on or off (no discernible changes in other positions). LS is wired for coil-splitting (thanks Robert_S and Jeremy), so there's, three, six, ten, uh...................LOTS of pup choices.
              Romans 3:23; 6:23; 5:8; 10:13; 10:9-10

Teknon Theou
              https://youtube.com/channel/UCo848I2...e4jKB5DNZ4Y7hs
              Complaining that there are hypocrites in church is like complaining that fat people use the gym. Where else would you have them be?

Comment

Originally posted by Quencho092
                isnt it funny how the neck is named the rhythm pickup and the bridge lead? It's the other way around for most people!
                Exactly

Comment

Working...
                X