tone/volume pot question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tone/volume pot question

first question - if you don't have a tone pot installed, by default does it sound like it would if you had a pot & it was all on 10, or 0?

second - i noticed irregardless of the selector switch position, the pickup that's not supposed to be active usually affects the sound of the one that is. So the main question is this - is there any way to get a pickup just by itself? like remove the tone pot, put in a volume pot, & disable the selector switch? Or is this just generally a bad idea?
    Originally posted by gibson175
    metal zones are for pussies.

Re: tone/volume pot question

Brighter than 10
    My clips

Originally posted by Rid
    How do I block my hardtail?

Comment

like 11

Î think there is a way! If I understand you right you want two pickups with one vol for each and no selector
      you have to install the pots a bit different, like on a jazz bass, coz the other way if one pot is on zero the other is muted too!
      RG 550 [JB | SingleSizedHole(TM) | V1 (to be replaced)]
      TS 7 (modded)
      Hot Rod 50+ XL
      Framus Dragon 4x12
      V-AMP II for practice

Comment

If your guitar is wired correctly, a pickup that is not selected will have no affect on the one that is. It, and its volume/tone control will be completely removed from the circuit. It doesn't matter if its a 1 or 2 volume, or tone control guitar.

What is it that makes you think that the de-selected pup is affecting the sound?

Comment

well, when i was trying to get the height right on my rythm humbucker, playing with only it selected, i noticed my bridge position sounded different with the switch only on it

Comment

Originally posted by drew_half_empty
            well, when i was trying to get the height right on my rythm humbucker, playing with only it selected, i noticed my bridge position sounded different with the switch only on it
            Hmmm . . . I'm not sure I understand what you're saying here. Adjusting the heighth of the neck pup, affects the sound of the bridge pup?

Can you clarify that a bit?

Comment

yes, exactly

Comment

Mabey your getting the rythem pup too close and the magnets are affecting the strings. Or mabey it sounds different when you A-B them because the rythem is different.

Comment

Working...
                X