Hardtail Troubles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hardtail Troubles

I'm PRETTY sure this is a problem of the bridge altho I could be wrong...

Just strung up my Warmoth 'cuz it's, y'know, ready, and the strings are buzzing really really bad. It seems like I could fix this problem by raising the bridge saddles buuut the allen wrench that came with the bridge doesn't fit in those tiny holes...any ideas?

I've tried adjusting the truss rod instead and it improved things but I don't know how much more I want to turn it...heh

I might also try sanding some paint out of the neck pocket that got in there while i was finishing it...I dunno, I'm an amateur.

-X
    green globe burned black by sunn

Re: Hardtail Troubles

Originally posted by Empty Pockets

Just strung up my Warmoth 'cuz it's, y'know, ready, and the strings are buzzing really really bad. It seems like I could fix this problem by raising the bridge saddles buuut the allen wrench that came with the bridge doesn't fit in those tiny holes...any ideas?

I've tried adjusting the truss rod instead and it improved things but I don't know how much more I want to turn it...heh

I might also try sanding some paint out of the neck pocket that got in there while i was finishing it...I dunno, I'm an amateur.

-X
    I would say take it to a professional before you start adjusting trss rods and sanding. You need to start with a straight neck.

Comment

1) Don't. adjust the truss rod unless the neck is in need of it.

2) Raise the saddles. If one end of the wrench doesn't work, try the other. Sometimes they're slightly different in size. If not, go find a wrench that does fit.

3) Keeping the neck joint clean, snug, and solid is always a good idea.

4) Your nut could be cut too low.

Comment

Originally posted by Empty Pockets

-X
        Ya, sounds like a truss rod problem. I'd take the guitar to a tech so you can make sure the job gets done right. I'd hate to see a Warmoth get damaged.
        Last edited by GuitarGuy503; 10-01-2004, 10:23 PM.
        Gibson Les Paul R8 in Ebony
        Roland Cube 60
        Mesa Boogie Mini Rectifier Head & Mesa Boogie 2x12 Horizontal Rectifier Cabinet
        BadCat Unleash V1 Attenuater/Re-amplifier
        LoopMaster Clean Dirty A/B Looper Switcher
        Mogami Cables
        Mooer Candy Toppers
        Pedals: Mad Professor Silver Spring Reverb, Mad Professor Deep Blue Delay, Neunaber Stereo WET Reverb, Keeley 30ms DoubleTracker, & TC Electronic Polytune.
        Extras: AmpWedge & Auralex Great Gramma ISO Platform

Comment

All you did was change strings? were they the same guage? Should have been an issue if you were swapping say, 10s for 10s. However I know that some guitars with the bridges that will move, your supposed to change strings 1 at a time so your saddles and bridge don't fly out of the guitar.

Comment

Err i didn't change the strings, I put strings on it for the first time...this is my newborn Warmoth

Thanks for the posts guys, what I ended up doing to fix the problem was sand the neck pocket...I really over-did the finish so i've been running into problems like this all throughout the instalation process... i.e. holes for pots and stuff need to be sanded before I put 'em in there just so I can screw 'em on...it's rear-routed tho, I'm not hurting my beautiful top finish
            green globe burned black by sunn

Comment

Working...
            X