Stratocaster help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stratocaster help

Do you think that I should/can put on some mounted rings for my humbucker?
    A candy coated dream with parks and trees and figurines and her arms wrapped 'round my sleeve.
    With tiny steps and eyes of green; Toy guitar that's out of tune, eyes fixed on morning time cartoons. And by the lantern of the moon I will dream of a love like you.

Re: Stratocaster help

im sure you can but if you have a fender strat as far as i know you will have to mod your strat a fair bit
    Proud Master of Strats.....

Comment

..a strat with a bucker ring? thats what the pickguard is for buddy, it holds the pickup under the strings. I dont see a point in putting in a bucker ring.

Comment

When Seymour made the Tele-Gib for Jeff Beck, he could have opted to not use a pup ring for the neck bucker I suppose...he did'nt, and I think it looks killer. So I copied his idea, could'nt be happier. If you wanna ring your pup, go ahead, even if it's just for looks, it's your baby.

Gibson KS 336, LP Standard, Special and Customs
        Bogner, Orange, Tech 21 and Fender amps
        Celestion speakers
        Duncan, Bare Knuckle, WCR and Gibson pups
        Too many pedals....

Comment

I always thought fat strats looked incomplete without mounting rings... If I had one that's the first thing I would add.
          dan

(I have avatars and sigs turned off. Do you?)

Comment

I think (and I am not 100% sure on this) that if you were to mount hums on rings on a strat you may find that they interefere with the strings as they will not be sufficient distance/clearance. You may therefore either need to get thinner rings or cut up your pickguard to be able to mount them properly and you would also need some longer screws.

Of course it would just be for cosmetic looks but it might be an idea if you could take some pictures to see what it looks like?
            Normans Guitars

Comment

yup especially at the bridge where the pcik up height need to be higher. On a tele since the mount is at the neck the string are higher and the pick up will be lower. Personally i would not put a mount on a strat. A tele does look classy with one in the neck though i must say.
              Proud Master of Strats.....

Comment

I'm with butnut on this one ... when I tried a Seth, I opted for a ring, because of the more finished look it had:

it was a pain, though to get the height low enough, but more because of the mounting screws than the ring ... I had to grind down the standard screws. Maybe butnut has some insight on that, but my screws bottomed out on the standard Fender rout
                "music heals"
                facebook

Comment

Using stock Gibson creme rings...I had to mill 1/8"+ off both rings to drop the height...but yeah, it can work.
                  Curly...how did I miss that? Freakin' sweet Tele! How's the Seth neck...if I have to ask at all...been thinking of one. Nice job!
                  One the height screws, I used my RotoZip and made sure I had enough depth in the 'ears'.

Gibson KS 336, LP Standard, Special and Customs
                  Bogner, Orange, Tech 21 and Fender amps
                  Celestion speakers
                  Duncan, Bare Knuckle, WCR and Gibson pups
                  Too many pedals....

Comment

Butnut & Curly,

Cool looking axes and having seen them now I have to admit they look great - I like the colour of the cream rings that seem to match the body colour on Butnuts guitar - really nice. So you guys did not have any trouble with routing out the body to put the hums in there? Presumably on a Tele there is sufficient room, on a strat it would have to be routed out HSH or work done to make the hum fit.
                    Normans Guitars

Comment

Discover the sound of Fender, the spirit of rock-n-roll since 1946. Shop Fender guitars, basses, amplifiers, audio equipment, accessories, apparel and more.

Comment

Soo, let me get this straight. I have to cut the mounting ring?
                        A candy coated dream with parks and trees and figurines and her arms wrapped 'round my sleeve.
                        With tiny steps and eyes of green; Toy guitar that's out of tune, eyes fixed on morning time cartoons. And by the lantern of the moon I will dream of a love like you.

Comment

Working...
                        X