Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got a new AXE today!! Music Man Sub 1

Hey All,

Was at GC today and was looking around for a second hand axe for about $500.00, didn't see any Fenders worth buying so the guy helping me out asked I ever tried the Ernie Ball Axes. I've played them before and liked them but they were too expensive. He asked if I tried the new Sub 1 models and decide to take a test drive. WOW was I impressed, sweet neck good electrics very good all around guitar plus their made in the US.

They were going for about $700 but I talked him down to $525.00. Didn't come a case but no biggie. Took it home and played through my Deluxe Reverb and Spider II and was blown away how good it was. This a very well crafted high quality guitar. No its not the higher end models but very much worth the money.

Only thing worng was that there are no coil taps for the humbuckers which I guess can be resolved and yea I'll stick sone Duncans there evetually but what a great buy!!
    Gear: 2002 Fender Amer. Strat W/TX Specials
    1999 Fender MIM Strat...
    2004 Music Man Sub 1

'94 Fender Deluxe Reverb.
    Line 6 Spider II 1x12
    Boss ME-50
    Boss DD-5

Re: Got a new AXE today!! Music Man Sub 1

Congrats! Enjoy the axe bro!

Comment

Cool, any pics? I've been wanting to check one of those out for awhile now....I gotta wait until I get back down to AZ in December though.

MJ
      EMB Audio Remote and Pedal Wahs: www.facebook.com/EMBaudio

Comment

i've played one a few days ago.
        she was a real player

congrats man!
        Guitars:
        -Ibanez RG2820CTTW Limited Edition (with Dimarzio Steve's Special bridge and Air Norton neck)
        -Peavey Harley Peavey Signature Guitar
        -Admira spanish classical guitar

Amps:
        - Line6 POD 2.3 Rack with poweramp and cab
        - Marshall 1st Generation Valvestate combo
        SHREDDING IN THE HOLY LAND

Comment

New guitars are always fun.

It interesting, the one on the webpage only shows one humbucker, but it does say in the "options" that you can get it with two. So, you must've gotten a pretty good deal. Looks like a sweet axe.

Now comes the fun part . . . Part II. Selecting the p'ups.

Comment

mmmm, music man.

well done

Comment

post some pics man i wanna see what it looks liek!
              Proud Master of Strats.....

Comment

Oh man Oh man... i want one of those Subs! drop a Jazz and a JB in it and thats my guitar! Wish they had a version with a floyd on it, though. a Sub 2 maybe?

Congrats man! What color/pickup config?

Comment

Very nice guitar. I Have a Silhouette Special- put an APHII and CC in there- it will sound the best! I want an SUB next.
                  Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer
                    Very nice guitar. I Have a Silhouette Special- put an APHII and CC in there- it will sound the best! I want an SUB next.
                    i assume by saying an SUB you're pronouncing it as an acronym (ess-yoo-bee) and not as a word?

The original Musicman SUB was the bass, of course. But the acronym S.U.B. was shorthand for Sport Ulitity Bass.

so would that make this and SUG?

Comment

Originally posted by B2D
                      i assume by saying an SUB you're pronouncing it as an acronym (ess-yoo-bee) and not as a word?

The original Musicman SUB was the bass, of course. But the acronym S.U.B. was shorthand for Sport Ulitity Bass.

so would that make this and SUG?

Perhaps. Its like how mesa call their 90/90 amp a 2:90 and their 50/50 a 50/50...

Comment

i own the SUB bass (active) & was blown away by the good tones & overall feel. i duly ordered the SUB1 guitar & it's on it's way... can't wait. however, i've opted for the non-vibrato/ single humbucker version.

i'm of the opinion that lacquerless bodies sound unique. even Fender's Highway1 offerings are very good guitars/ basses.
                        Psychic Horns

Comment

Anyone know if these are better than the korean peavey tremelo wolfgangs?

Comment

Originally posted by Grandor
                            Anyone know if these are better than the korean peavey tremelo wolfgangs?
                            Hostly, Id put any music man above a Peavey, anlthough the USA wolfgangs are nice. I always liked the music man axis better.
                            Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Working...
                            X