Requesting help with special blender wiring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Requesting help with special blender wiring

Hi ya'll, hoping smoeone can supply me with a diagram via email. I've looked all ove rthe place online, can't find what I need. Check it out.

I will be using 3 DP/DT push/pull pots to replace the volume and 2 tone pots. From top-to-bottom the pots will be: (1) Master volume, (2) Master tone (controls all 3 pups), and (3) a modified blender knob.

When pulled, the master volume pot will turn-on the neck pickup and put it in series with whatever it is combined with on the 5-way.

When pulled, the master tone pot will make the bridge pickup out-of-phase.

The third pot is a lil' more comlpex. What I'm looking for is to have my bridge pickup "always on" so this is really a volume for the bridge. When "off" om knob position 1 it won't interefere with the stock 5 strat tones, but when dialed-in, say to level 10, I will have the following 5 parallel tones:

neck / bridge
    meck / middle / bridge
    middle / bridge
    middle / bridge
    bridge

When pulled this bridge volume pot will make the bridge series.

So, if the bridge volume is turn-up and it is pulled I will (should?) have these tones:

bridge in series with neck
    bridge in series with neck plus the middle in parallel
    bridge in series with middle
    bridge in series with middle
    bridge

By pulling the master tone pot I would have access to the previous tone combinations but the bridge would be out of phase.

And by pulling the volume pot the neck would be always on and in series.

Examples.

All 3 pots are pulled, and the bridge blender volume is "on." If the 5-way is on middle I would get all 3 pups in series with the brodge out of phase.

Volume pot is pulled, other two arent pulled and bridge voluem pot is off. With 5-way selector at middle position I woudl have neck and middle in series.

I understand that there are a handful of combinations where 2 pups would be in series and my do whatever they do to eachother when that happens, but besides that I should get a really nice number of tonal combinations from this setup as well as having the ability to dial-in the bridge.

Thanks.. any help is much aprpeciated.

AC
Working...
X