JMP-1 through 2204

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JMP-1 through 2204

What would you think of runnin' a Marshall JMP-1 through a 2204 Head??? Opinions, anyone????
    Only The Strong Survive

Re: JMP-1 through 2204

Billy Gibbon's tone is constructed that way. His rig always changes, but it's usually got a JMP-1 going. I think they're better mated to a Marshall, Mesa, VHT, or Peavey
    stereo power amp, though, to take advantage of the wider stereo sound.
    If you tweak that preamp just right, it'll sound best through a Marshall's FX return jack,
    but possibly good straight into the front, if it doesn't have an FX loop.
    Originally posted by Boogie Bill
    I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

Thanks, Gearjoneser. I remember you saying before that the Rev. used the JMP-1. I'd have to run er straight into the front, cause I don't have an FX loop. But....I do have more than one 2204 rig LOL Hmmmmm......guess I could run a couple 2204 1/2 stacks in stereo??? Might have to pick me up a JMP-1 just to play around with it LOL
      Only The Strong Survive

Comment

I really don't know but it sounds like it would work pretty well. I use a H/K tube factor with my 2204 live and it really screams. I have heard good things about the jmp1 also.
        My Duncan demos and songs

Comment

The JMP1 is a great piece; you have to make sure that the output of the preamp doesn't overload the input to the head, tho, as it may cause damage. It's usually NOT a good idea to have more than one preamp in line in a system at once, since the noise may get out of hand.
          Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
          My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

Working...
          X