trey anastasio tone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• trey anastasio tone

Does anybody have any ideas on what kind of pickups i should put on my strat to try and emulate the warn sustain of trey anastsio's guitar. im thinking about putting humbuckers on, and ive heard that he uses Schaller golden 50s. Also what kind of amp and effects should i use. i would rather not have to replace my strat with another guitar. does anyone have any suggestions?

Re: trey anastasio tone

he uses custom duncans

i think a seth or antiquity would be cool

Comment

well, your getting closer to the pickup lounge! lol
      esp ltd deluxe ec-1000 (amber sunburst)
      fender mim standard strat
      peavey classic 30
      johnson j-station
      original ibanez ts-9 (not in use)
      dunlop crybaby (sometimes in use)
      yamaha f-310p acoustic
      taylor 410 acoustic
      "This ain't no ballet-we want people to listen with their eyes closed,to just let the music come inside them and forget their wordly cares..." Duane Allman
      "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." - Dr. Suess

Comment

I think I read that he uses (or used at some point ) a Mesa Mark ???? . Also I imagine he has a ton of effects.
        2001 MIA Strat Sunburst w/maple neck. Hot Rails (b), Vintage Rails (m), Cool Rails (n). 2003 MIA Deluxe Fat Strat Sunburst w/maple neck.

Comment

A ton of effects, you bet! But he doesn't over use them and just colors his tone. The last thing I read about his guitar was an interview with Paul Languedoc(?), the person who built it, and he mentioned something about schaller pickups. Lets not forget his is a hollow body made of koa so its going to be warm sounding.
          I like my necks thin my strats fat and my women somewhere in between.

Comment

Working...
          X