banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fender Strat Lite Ash - 2 thumbs WAAAY UP!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Fender Strat Lite Ash - 2 thumbs WAAAY UP!

I'm sorry to bother you B2D, the strat neck has a v-shape neck. What kind of neck is the tele? I'm liking this guitar, but I need a decently thick neck.
    Originally posted by kevlar3000
    I learned a long time ago that the only thing that mattered regarding tone was what my ears thought.
    Originally posted by Zerberus
    Better is often the enemy of good
    Originally posted by ginormous
    Covers feed the body, originals feed the soul.

Comment

Originally posted by the_Chris
      I'm sorry to bother you B2D, the strat neck has a v-shape neck. What kind of neck is the tele? I'm liking this guitar, but I need a decently thick neck.
      I only played it for a few moments, but I got the impression that it's just a TAD meatier than an American Std. But it still gripped really easily.

Comment

Thanks for posting the review B2D. I'm talking with the local guitar shop to see if they can get me one to noodle on. I want to try the neck out and see how it feels. I have an ovation with a soft V and I love it, but it's a bit of a swing when switching guitars at times. I've got a serious case of GAS on this one.

Looks like my tax refund check is already spent before it gets here...

Comment

I'm jones'n for one of the Lite Ash Teles myself

Comment

kool thanx for the review man!
            Schecter: Diamond Series S1 PLUS (invader in bridge)
            Squier: Bullet Special (lake placid blue, EMG81 in bridge)
            CRATE: V-Series 50 watts (VFX5112)
            Rogue: 50 watts (guitar amp)
            Jasmine: S34C NEX Cutaway

Comment

Thanx B2D,

You were right on the money.

I just picked my Lite Ash Strat up from UPS and got to mess with it for about a half hour.

It's just what you said it was and just what I was looking for.

Basically a Strat to alternate with my LP and one I wouldnt' be afraid to play.

You see my other Strat is a 25th Anniversary that I bought "NEW" in 1979 and left that way.
              Now I'm afraid to take it out of the house to play because I might ding it. :0

I'm gonna wring this new one out this weekend.
              I never met a guitar player I didn't like

Comment

What shape is the neck? Is it a V or a C shaped neck? Is it fat or skinny or basically the same as a standard strat profile? I've got a great price on one of these at a local shop but they don't want to order one just so I can try it and see if I like it.

Comment

I'd call it a shallow "v". My 25th Anniversary has a "C" and this Lite Ash is just a bit deeper but very comfortable.
                  And for ref the "C" on the 25th is deeper than the 60's neck on my LP.

Hope this helps
                  I never met a guitar player I didn't like

Comment

I like Chris' idea of refinishing it in a translucent color. Is this thing satin finished,
                    or is it a high gloss type that would be difficult to refinish?
                    Originally posted by Boogie Bill
                    I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

They are a high gloss finish. It will take a lot of work to strip that finish off. The finish on the highway 1's however is a different story. You can take that finish off with a t-shirt.
                      My Sound Clips

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff_H
                        The finish on the highway 1's however is a different story. You can take that finish off with a t-shirt.

The finish on the Hwy 1's are really cool, IMO. I like the teal one the best.

Comment

Dude, B2D, i hate you now.... you just made my GAS 10 times worse!!

Man, thats really cool.... but i don't have ANY money right now... hopefully they keep the series going, and don't change it and mess it up, or make it more expensive, or whatever.
                          '01 Gibson Les Paul Standard (stock BB V's)
                          Squier Fat Strat (stock/duckbucker/stock)
                          '66 Fender Bassman
                          Fender Champion 600
                          Fender Stage 100

Comment

I got to check out the lite ash tele the other day and I was impressed. I didn't have time to sit down and play it, but I did get to inspect it closely and I was impressed. It looked good and felt good. Beautiful wood and decent hardware. It looks like I'll be purchasing the lite ash strat... Thanks for the excellent review B2D!

Comment

Originally posted by B2D

The finish on the Hwy 1's are really cool, IMO. I like the teal one the best.
                              I dig it also....I own the Honey Blond. You just have to be careful with it. The way it lets the body resonate is really nice though. Good tone.
                              My Sound Clips

Comment

I have an american series ash strat w/maple neck and fretboard. I've done some custom wiring to it, but still use the stock pups. After reading this thread I think I might want to put some APS1's in my strat!!
                                Last edited by drp555; 04-13-2004, 03:50 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X