banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fender Strat Lite Ash - 2 thumbs WAAAY UP!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• drp555
    replied
    Re: Fender Strat Lite Ash - 2 thumbs WAAAY UP!

I have an american series ash strat w/maple neck and fretboard. I've done some custom wiring to it, but still use the stock pups. After reading this thread I think I might want to put some APS1's in my strat!!
    Last edited by drp555; 04-13-2004, 03:50 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Jeff_H
    replied

Originally posted by B2D

The finish on the Hwy 1's are really cool, IMO. I like the teal one the best.
    I dig it also....I own the Honey Blond. You just have to be careful with it. The way it lets the body resonate is really nice though. Good tone.

Leave a comment:

• Gr8Scott
    replied

I got to check out the lite ash tele the other day and I was impressed. I didn't have time to sit down and play it, but I did get to inspect it closely and I was impressed. It looked good and felt good. Beautiful wood and decent hardware. It looks like I'll be purchasing the lite ash strat... Thanks for the excellent review B2D!

Leave a comment:

• jmv
    replied

Dude, B2D, i hate you now.... you just made my GAS 10 times worse!!

Man, thats really cool.... but i don't have ANY money right now... hopefully they keep the series going, and don't change it and mess it up, or make it more expensive, or whatever.

Leave a comment:

• B2D
    replied

Originally posted by Jeff_H
    The finish on the highway 1's however is a different story. You can take that finish off with a t-shirt.

The finish on the Hwy 1's are really cool, IMO. I like the teal one the best.

Leave a comment:

• Jeff_H
    replied

They are a high gloss finish. It will take a lot of work to strip that finish off. The finish on the highway 1's however is a different story. You can take that finish off with a t-shirt.

Leave a comment:

• Gearjoneser
    replied

I like Chris' idea of refinishing it in a translucent color. Is this thing satin finished,
    or is it a high gloss type that would be difficult to refinish?

Leave a comment:

• MikeSEA
    replied

I'd call it a shallow "v". My 25th Anniversary has a "C" and this Lite Ash is just a bit deeper but very comfortable.
    And for ref the "C" on the 25th is deeper than the 60's neck on my LP.

Hope this helps

Leave a comment:

• Gr8Scott
    replied

What shape is the neck? Is it a V or a C shaped neck? Is it fat or skinny or basically the same as a standard strat profile? I've got a great price on one of these at a local shop but they don't want to order one just so I can try it and see if I like it.

Leave a comment:

• MikeSEA
    replied

Thanx B2D,

You were right on the money.

I just picked my Lite Ash Strat up from UPS and got to mess with it for about a half hour.

It's just what you said it was and just what I was looking for.

Basically a Strat to alternate with my LP and one I wouldnt' be afraid to play.

You see my other Strat is a 25th Anniversary that I bought "NEW" in 1979 and left that way.
    Now I'm afraid to take it out of the house to play because I might ding it. :0

I'm gonna wring this new one out this weekend.

Leave a comment:

• SORIA
    replied

kool thanx for the review man!

Leave a comment:

• JOLLY
    replied

I'm jones'n for one of the Lite Ash Teles myself

Leave a comment:

• Gr8Scott
    replied

Thanks for posting the review B2D. I'm talking with the local guitar shop to see if they can get me one to noodle on. I want to try the neck out and see how it feels. I have an ovation with a soft V and I love it, but it's a bit of a swing when switching guitars at times. I've got a serious case of GAS on this one.

Looks like my tax refund check is already spent before it gets here...

Leave a comment:

• B2D
    replied

Originally posted by the_Chris
    I'm sorry to bother you B2D, the strat neck has a v-shape neck. What kind of neck is the tele? I'm liking this guitar, but I need a decently thick neck.
    I only played it for a few moments, but I got the impression that it's just a TAD meatier than an American Std. But it still gripped really easily.

Leave a comment:

• That90'sGuy
    replied

I'm sorry to bother you B2D, the strat neck has a v-shape neck. What kind of neck is the tele? I'm liking this guitar, but I need a decently thick neck.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X