Mixing a V30 and T75?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mixing a V30 and T75?

I am going to order an Avatar cab (thank you for reccomending them) for my JCM 800 2204 and I am trying to decide on the speakers. I have listened to clips and cabs with V30s, greenbacks, and T75. I want to get tone close to Zakk Wylde, Metallica, Lynch, Van Halen, and Dio. I found the greenbacks a little too harsh with the quicker breakup, but liked both the V30s and T75 for different reasons. I liked the bass and the "bite" of the T75s and the midrange and smoothness of the V30s. Has anyone had a good or bad experience with mixing these two speakers together. It seems like the added midrange of the V30 would complement the T75 which has a scooped mid. I would like to get a 2x12 cab and then stand it up at gigs with the V30 on the top and the 75 on the bottom. I guess my other option would be to get a 4x12 with an X pattern like the Bogner Ubercab, but I don't know if my 50 watt head would drive the speakers enough since both are about 70 watts. Thank you for your help.
    Voodoo Amps 50 and 100 watt V-Plex heads
    Voodoo Amps Texas Heat 1x12 combo
    Longhorn Amps "The Barn Owl" 1x12 combo
    1981 JCM 800 2204 Head
    1984 (Bogner Modified) JCM 800 4103 2X12 Combo
    ESP Eclipse Custom Shop '07 with WCR Cherrybucker Set
    ESP Eclipse Custom Shop '07 with EMG 81 and 60
    ESP Viper Custom Shop '07 with EMG 81 and 85
    ESP Esquire Custom Shop (Jeff Beck)
    Gibson SG Standard with WCR American Steele Set

Re: Mixing a V30 and T75?

I would go with the X-pattern. The 2204 should be fine. I use my 50W JCM800 to drive a full stack and it has no problem.
    Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
    My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

Working...
    X