Temptations!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Temptations!!

Been saving for a USA Jackson for a while now and all of a sudden I head back into my local GC to play around and find a formerly $2400 1980 Heritage LP knocked down to $1700! Every time I go into the store that's THE Paul I choose as my axe and me and it have some sort of strange connection. Love at first sight/touch. Now I don't know if I should go for the shredder axe I was planning on, or get the classic guitar that I've always considered to be THE guitar for me, the Les Paul. Now, I've already a Les Paul, but not a Gibby, and by any means a Gibby like this!! Infact, I've never played a Paul that has felt or sounded as good. G.A.S!!! TEMPTATIONS!!

Any familiar feelings or thoughts about this?

Re: Temptations!!

if a guitar speaks to you and it just screams play me, then i would seriously consider it. plus it is 700 off what it used to be. If it is worth it tp you get it
    Cleveland Guitars

Comment

Yup, without a doubt, GET IT GET IT GET IT GET IT GET IT GET IT GET IT GET IT GET IT GET IT GET IT GET IT GET IT GET IT GET IT GET IT GET IT GET IT GET IT GET IT GET IT GET IT GET IT GET IT GET IT GET IT GET IT GET IT GET IT GET IT GET IT GET IT GET IT GET IT GET IT GET IT GET IT GET IT GET IT GET IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OH yeah, P.S: Get it.
      There's nothing quite as satisfying as a dancing banana...

Comment

Get it!!!!!!!!!!! And ask for a further discount or at least some free cables or strings or a strap. They can only say no. But I think some sales guy there will want to sell an expensive guitar and come off on the price or throw in some extras. I think they have a 30 day return no hassle policy return policy on new guitars. Take it home and see if the love lasts.
        GMP Pawnshop Deluxe - Custom Custom Bridge, 59n

Parker Fly, Ruby Red, 1996 H/H/P

Parker Nitefly SSH

THD Univalve with Avatar Cab

Bad Cat Mini Cat

Vox Valvetronix AD-60 1x12

"Thanks for comin out and...
        KEEPIN THE SCENE ALIVE"

Comment

Get it, bro!! ..You'll be kicking yourself down the line, if you don't. ..You're in love with this guitar & you have the $, get it before it's gone!!! ..A USA Jackson will easier to find.
          A link to the VERY LIMITED (Ladies) OPETH G-String!! ..Act Now!!!:bigthumb:
          This black g-string underwear has the famous "O" logo that Opeth has been using for some time now. The logo is silk screened onto the g-string and looks very sharp in yellow against the black field. ..These are a one-size-fits-most.

Comment

The Les Paul has been a classic for 50 years and will still be a classic in 50 years...can you say that about the Jackson? When I was saving up to buy my first electric, I had my eye on a Kramer, but one day went into a music store and found a Gibson Les Paul Custom for an amazing price (it was the previous year's model and they wanted to make way for the new ones). I grabbed it, never got the Kramer, and have never regretted it for a second. The Les Paul is still a classic and doesn't look or sound the least bit dated, which is certainly more than I can say for the 80s Kramer with Floyd Rose!

Comment

Wow. Lots of supporters in the Paul! Who would've guessed?? Cool, and thanks guys.

Comment

I say, if it really speaks to you, get it.
                You can get a suprisingly good country guitar tone out of a Marshall Halfstack.

Comment

Originally posted by Indie P Bass
                  I say, if it really speaks to you, get it.
                  Yeah, that's what all of us say...the real problem is that just because this one speaks to me, who's saying that the RR won't yell to me if I were to have the chance of playing it? Two total opposites. Yet they both share my attention and craving.

Comment

then get them both, but get this one now while you have the chance.
                    Cleveland Guitars

Comment

..MF is selling new 2004 LP Standards for $1999.00 & the $2400 1980 Heritage LP that you love has been knocked down to $1700! ..You better get it before I tell my friends that live in your area to buy it or someone else gets to it first!
                      A link to the VERY LIMITED (Ladies) OPETH G-String!! ..Act Now!!!:bigthumb:
                      This black g-string underwear has the famous "O" logo that Opeth has been using for some time now. The logo is silk screened onto the g-string and looks very sharp in yellow against the black field. ..These are a one-size-fits-most.

Comment

Originally posted by mrfjones
                        then get them both, but get this one now while you have the chance.
                        YEAH!
                        Marshall JVM 410C
                        Mesa Boogie DC-3
                        ~2010 USA G&L Legacy Special/S-500 bastard-child, Tobaccoburst.
                        1996 USA G&L Legacy, Honeyburst, SSS , Dimarzio Injector/Kinman AVn69/AVn69
                        2007 USA Gibson LP Studio, Stock PUPs
                        2005 USA EBMM Silhouette Special,Hardtail , Tobaccoburst,SSS Stock PUPs
                        1999 USA Peavey Wolfgang,Flame Cherryburst Trem
                        2005 MIM Fender Tele, Hotrails/Stock Neck
                        1997 Yamaha Pacifica 812 EMGs

Comment

I think you have to go with the LP. You'll regret it years down the line if you don't. It's a decent deal for sure. Some of the early 80's Heritage LP's are overpriced on eBay, so I'm not sure I'd pay $2400. But if the guitar speaks to you, a price of $1700 is more than reasonable.
                          My Sound Clips

Comment

I think you're all right. While I do want a total shredder guitar, I can buy that any time I want down the line. This deal is right here, and me and that LP have a certain mojo. I think I already have a name for her, Thommy Gun, since Thom is my last name. God, there is such a connection, it's amazing. Thanks guys for pointing out some of your thoughts. I appreciate it. When I do have all the cash I need, I'll be sure to post pics in your names. Peace.

Comment

good luck guitarist
                              Cleveland Guitars

Comment

Working...
                              X