Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fender Custom Telecaster Special, anyone try one of these? Link inside

Custom Tele Special Limited Edition

I'm considering selling my ibanez and getting one of these. I played one a couple months ago when they were being sold with an air norton and tone zone bridge. This is one cool guitar. It's been a while though, so I'm wondering if you guys got your hands on one of these, if you have, let me know what you think. I believe only musicians friend is selling these now as an exclusive. It's also on the cover of the newest musicians friend, the gold top color is amazing.

Re: Fender Custom Telecaster Special, anyone try one of these? Link inside

they look cool, but i haven't played one. put some duncans in there and you will have a killer guitar
    Cleveland Guitars

Comment

I had one, which I personally liked (but the pups have gotta go), but my friend hated...I think he didn't like the flatter radius.

Comment

That is one sweet looking tele.
        "After I die I shall return to earth as the doorkeeper of a bordello and I won't let a one of you in." -Arturo Toscanini

Comment

pimpin'

Comment

anyone else?

Comment

I like most of the things about the guitar except the dimarzio's, besides that it looks a great buy.
              Gear: Carvin CT6 flame top(alnico 2 pro,JB), Strat scappoled fretboard(59,CC), Morgan monroe ovation knock-off, yamaha nylon acoustic,Boss super overdrive with TS-808 "silver" analogman mod, Boss DS-1 with keeley mod, Vox wah with true bypass mod, Fender Super Reverb 65.

Originally Posted by Jeff_H
              The APH is like slipping into a tub of warm honey spashed with the silky essence of virgins.

Comment

I tried one of the goldtop models when they first came out. It had DiMarzio Air Norton neck pup and Tone Zone bridge. First DiMarzios I've played in close to 25 years. It sounded great. The pickups were clear and full, had good "air" even in humbucking mode. The guitar has a coil split on the tone pot (pull knob) and the pickups did good single coil sounds as well.

Very flat fretboard radius, I think it's like a 15" radius or something. Lightweight guitar, nice mahogany body/neck. Fit and finish were excellent, jumbo frets. If I hadn't been looking for a more traditional Tele at the time I'd have scooped it up. For $499 that MF is selling them for I think they're great deals.

Comment

Working...
                X