banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Grr, This V-twin is beginning to irritate me..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grr, This V-twin is beginning to irritate me..

especially the noise.. anyone know any mods to reduce the noise of a v-twin? I believe i am quite capable in modding it...any other v-twin mods would also be excellent..

Re: Grr, This V-twin is beginning to irritate me..

Originally posted by Peterku
    Turn down the gain. Noise could come from your guitar as well.
    The gain is only at 12:00. The guitar is a shielded paul reed smith

Comment

try replacing the tubes. You can even use a 12at7 rather than a 12ax7. in mine I use a 12ax7 on the blues side and a 12at7 on the red side. Changes the character of the gain a bit. Worth a try. i don't know any mods other than that.
      Electric: G&l Legacy cstm, 73 strat, HM strat, 76 tele deluxe, Tele-Sonic, James Trussart Rusty Steelcaster, Gibson: ES-295, LP Studio, 2001 R9, 2004 R8 cloud 9 , Charvel M#5 (1st guitar). rickenbacker 400? bass, Acoustic: martin d-15, old epiphone flattop, 50's gibson flattop, flatiron mandolin, harmony electric mandolin
      gibson, marshall, fender, magnatone, THD amps
      SD pickups: Jb,CC, Sethlover, '59, Pearly Gates, JB jr, lil 59, hot & cool rails. tele antiquity. Strat antiquity II

Comment

Originally posted by HolyDirt
        The gain is only at 12:00. The guitar is a shielded paul reed smith
        If the gain on my Engl was at 12:00, it would be too high! Meaning: The gain control means nothing if we don't know how the V Twin is supposed to sound.

PM Zerbus; he uses the V Twin with a high gain amp and has nothing but good things to say.
        Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
        My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

Originally posted by TwilightOdyssey
          If the gain on my Engl was at 12:00, it would be too high! Meaning: The gain control means nothing if we don't know how the V Twin is supposed to sound.

PM Zerbus; he uses the V Twin with a high gain amp and has nothing but good things to say.
          I understand... but i would assume someone that knows how to mod a v-twin has used one...

Comment

Replace it with a Hughes and Kettner tubeman.
            Originally posted by Jolly
            ...but then again, I'm so deaf I can't even hear myself fart.

Comment

Originally posted by HolyDirt
              especially the noise.. anyone know any mods to reduce the noise of a v-twin? I believe i am quite capable in modding it...any other v-twin mods would also be excellent..
              I had one and sold it. IMHO, it's an overpriced pedal that does not have good tone.

Comment

Working...
              X