banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pics of Diamond Wah Fuzz pedal...anyone recognise this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pics of Diamond Wah Fuzz pedal...anyone recognise this?

These are pics of my dads old wah fuzz pedal which has been collecting dust for the past few years...would this thing have much potential if i spent a few dollars on it...it looks pretty vintage
    My Soundclick page.

Re: Pics of Diamond Wah Fuzz pedal...anyone recognise this?

Originally posted by Young Angus
    These are pics of my dads old wah fuzz pedal which has been collecting dust for the past few years...would this thing have much potential if i spent a few dollars on it...it looks pretty vintage
    You're missing the most important aspect of the pedal....It's guts...
    Amps: 66 Fender BF Pro Reverb Combo,1973 50 Watt Marshall Head,Marshall 4x12 A/V Cab,Vox ToneLab LE,Vox VTH Valvetronix 120 Head,Vox AD 2x12 Cab,Roland Cube 20X

Guitars: Several Stratocasters,2 Fender Telecasters,Gibson SG Standard,Tokai Love Rock Les Paul,Dean Acoustic.

Pickups: SD SSL2,SSL5,Twangbanger,Antiquity Surfers,59N,Seth Lover N/B,Dimarzio Fred,Dimarzio VPAF N,Fender Fat 50s,Fralin SP43 Bridge,Brobucker,Antiquity Texas Hot.

Comment

coming right up
      My Soundclick page.

Comment

these should suffice....i hope they do cos ive screwed the back on again and theres lots of screws
        My Soundclick page.

Comment

I wonder what the inside of a modern aria pedal looks like...surely not that nice!

Comment

wow, those guts look pretty cool..... looks like my fuzz pedal i built kinda, just alot more sh!t goin on
            http://www.myspace.com/wildcatdotdotdot

Fender Telecaster 1962 Reissue MIJ
            >cord<
            1968 Fender Twin Reverb

Comment

Wow...That pedal uses a transformer instead of an inductor...Looks almost like an old Tube Screamer board..Is there issues with the pedal? Maybe just needs some cleaning? I know nothing about that pedal otherwise...

Weird also that the pedal uses a DPDT stomp switch,but yet it doesn't look to be wired for true bypass? That means loading of your guitar whether the pedal is engaged or not..

John
              Last edited by STRATDELUXER97; 10-10-2004, 06:58 PM.
              Amps: 66 Fender BF Pro Reverb Combo,1973 50 Watt Marshall Head,Marshall 4x12 A/V Cab,Vox ToneLab LE,Vox VTH Valvetronix 120 Head,Vox AD 2x12 Cab,Roland Cube 20X

Guitars: Several Stratocasters,2 Fender Telecasters,Gibson SG Standard,Tokai Love Rock Les Paul,Dean Acoustic.

Pickups: SD SSL2,SSL5,Twangbanger,Antiquity Surfers,59N,Seth Lover N/B,Dimarzio Fred,Dimarzio VPAF N,Fender Fat 50s,Fralin SP43 Bridge,Brobucker,Antiquity Texas Hot.

Comment

Originally posted by STRATDELUXER97
                Wow...That pedal uses a transformer instead of an inductor...Looks almost like an old Tube Screamer board..Is there issues with the pedal? Maybe just needs some cleaning? I know nothing about that pedal otherwise...

Weird also that the pedal uses a DPDT stomp switch,but yet it doesn't look to be wired for true bypass? That means loading of your guitar whether the pedal is engaged or not..

John
                What do you mean by loading of the guitar?
                My Soundclick page.

Comment

And nah there aren't any issues with the pedal...you mean instructions or manuals right?
                  My Soundclick page.

Comment

What do you mean by loading of the guitar?
                    Loading means that instead of your guitar signal coming in from the input jack and going straight out the output jack when bypassed,your signal instead "always" goes through the entire circuit whether the pedal is bypassed or not...This robs you of output,highs,and can make your tone muddy and unclear sounding...It was the norm for vintage pedals though..

Comment

And nah there aren't any issues with the pedal...you mean instructions or manuals right?
                      No I was asking if the pedal had any problems(Issues)...
                      Try out the pedal and see how it sounds....Let us all know the outcome..

Comment

Working...
                      X