Pedals I am considering buying

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pedals I am considering buying

I am looking at these pedals (+ this rack one too).

I am gonna go and see if i can try these out soon,
    just need some advice on these first:

Distortions:

Marshall Bluesbreaker 2
    Ibanez Tubescreamer
    Fulltone Fulldrive 2 distortion
    Boss BD2 Blues Driver
    Boss DS2 Turbo Distortion

Delays:

Line 6 DL4
    Boss DD3
    Line 6 Echo Pro Studio Modeler
    TC Electronic G Major

Tuners:

Boss TU2 Chromatic Pedal Tuner

thx

Re: Pedals I am considering buying

I own a bd-2 and i get good tone from it the stock pedal is decent but i plan on sending it to keeley to get modded soon
    Guitars
    MIA Olypmic white Strat, Warmoth Neck(Brazilian Rosewood)-Fralin Vintage Hots
    MIA Strat '57 RI, Tobacco Sunburst
    Danny Gatton Trib Tele-Barden Rail/Tex Mex
    Agile Al-3000-'59/Seth
    MIJ "Blackie" Strat-Ant Texas Hots

Amps
    70's Fender Super Reverb Head, Blackfaced by Billy Penn
    Fender Deluxe Plus 112

Pedals
    Modded V-847, Sniper GE-7, Boss CH-1, Modded TS-9, Boss SD-1, Boss DS-1, Keeley Blues Driver, Carl Martin Rock Drive.

Comment

Originally posted by Grandor

Distortions:

Marshall Bluesbreaker 2
      Ibanez Tubescreamer
      Boss BD2 Blues Driver

Delays:

Line 6 DL4
      Boss DD3
      TC Electronic G Major

Tuners:

thx
      I like the Line 6 delays way better than the Boss. I would go with the Echo Pro personally. I think if you mess around with the delay a bunch, and you change it a lot, I would go with the Line 6 DL4. If you are the type that finds a good versatle delay and doesn't change it much, the Echo Pro is the choice. I would have an Echo Pro if it wasn't for my Chandler.
      Egnater M4 (2) Recto, Blackface, Plexi
      VHT 2502
      (2) Randal XLT 4X12
      (2) Jackson SL2H USA Soloist (SH-1n, TB-6b)
      Jackson SL1 (Classic Stack, Classic Stack, TB-6b)
      Keeley TS-9 Mod Plus & TS-9 Baked Mod
      http://www.robertkeeley.com
      Line 6 Echo Pro and Mod Pro
      Chandler Digital Echo Delay

Comment

Originally posted by Grandor

Distortions:

Marshall Bluesbreaker 2
        Ibanez Tubescreamer
        Boss BD2 Blues Driver

Delays:

Line 6 DL4
        Boss DD3
        TC Electronic G Major

Tuners:

thx
        I have an original Bluesbreaker. I use it as a boost in a Marshall 900. I also have two Ibenez tubescreamers. One stock, and one modded by Stratdeluxe. I love the modded Ts9 John did for me. It is by far the best OD pedal I have used.
        I also use a DD3. IF you are looking for a basic Delay Pedal, this is it. It works real well it is easy to use, and it sounds good. The only short coming I would say this Delay is lacking is reverse Delay. Other than that I am real happy with it. I have had the Delay for a very long time. IF you are planning on running this through an effects loop you will need to go in a different direction. Pedals such as Delays, Flange, Chorus just don't seem to work well thru loops. Good Luck!!
        "So you will never have to listen to Surf music again" James Marshall Hendrix
        "When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will know peace."-Jimi Hendrix

Comment

for overdrive pedals the tubescreamer is great...but not really for distortion. I have the ts9-dx so its got a few hotter settings as teh orginal. If you want some high gain distortion check out the rocktron metal planet. A lot of people have overlooked this one but it just might suprise you. I like my korg dt-10 better then the boss tuner. newer few a few new settings. The boss dd-20 is great if you want a ton of different types of delay and want to have different settings for each song in the set. and the reverse is very cool.

Comment

...don't count it out just cos it's kiwi made

Comment

Out of the delays I've tried, I like the DD-20 and DigiDelay the best. The DD-20 is better all around, but the DigiDelay has a nice sound and a better reverse delay. I've never tried the Line6 units yet.

Out of the OD/dirt boxes you mentioned, I'd go either TS-9 or Fulldrive 2. I've yet to try the latter myself, but I've heard other guitarists use them and it sounds good. The DS-2 is a great pedal for generic distortion. I like the MXR Wylde OD over the BD-2.
              || Guitar | Wah | Vibe | Amp ||

Comment

of the ODs, the fulltone has two channels, so if you need that feature, that makes your choice simpler

of course, there are several versions of the tubescreamer .... ironically, the TS9 RI is one I haven't tried ... the Maxon OD9 is probably a little smoother, and the Maxon OD808 is both smoother and more transparent

I like the Maxon OD 820 the best of that breed, but that's another story ...

for the best tone for the money, it's probably the TS9 with John's mod
                "music heals"
                facebook

Comment

When I get enough cash and straighten out some other things first, I'll be purchasing a Guyatone MD-2... looks like an awesome pedal; did I mention it's sub-$100 as well
                  Originally posted by kevlar3000
                  I learned a long time ago that the only thing that mattered regarding tone was what my ears thought.
                  Originally posted by Zerberus
                  Better is often the enemy of good
                  Originally posted by ginormous
                  Covers feed the body, originals feed the soul.

Comment

I wouldnt consider the BB2 being a great one.... just average cheap pedal. The original BB was way better. However the clean boost is fine.

The TS is a classic, no need to argue.

The Fulldrive-2 is a great one. You cant go wrong.
                    Edwards Jimmy Page, Fender AmDlx Strat, PRS CE24, Edwards E-FV, AGILE Valkyrie Double-neck, Ibanez EP9. Metroamp 50w, Fender SFSR, Blackstar HT40 VP

Comment

Distortions:

Marshall Bluesbreaker 2 - Thought it was cool, nice full sound but a little weird on the low end. I'd ge a BD2 and do a Keeley on it.
                      Ibanez Tubescreamer - Good platform for getting a rich middy dynamic overdrive out of the amp. I prefer modded ts808 RI's however becasue they react faster
                      Fulltone Fulldrive 2 distortion - a VERY good overdrive pedal that really kicks your tube amp in the butt. Petrucci used one of these to turn his MkIIC+ itno a raging monster.
                      Boss BD2 Blues Driver - have one, wanna keeley mod it: I find it to be more wide-ranging and less middy, more transparent than a tubescreamer.
                      Boss DS2 Turbo Distortion - I always felt it was a little too muffled and nasally.

Delays:

Line 6 DL4 - VERY versatile and a bestseller but be sure to get a newer one as the older ones had durability problems with the switches. It's very expensive though so watch out. The preset options are nice though if you're a delay fiend like me Might wanna wait for the ToneCore version delay pedal to come out from them too if you like line 6 stuff.
                      Boss DD3 - good basic delay pedal but i feel it is a bit overpriced for what it has to offer. For 20-30 bux more you can step uo to a DD6 which is much more versatile plus i feel the tone preservation is MUCH better.
                      Line 6 Echo Pro Studio Modeler - haven't worked with one.
                      TC Electronic G Major - Actually a multifx unit... i just sold mine on ebay. Easy to edit and get really nifty sounds out of but I hate programming MIDI to switch stuff around so that turned me off of it. Very high sound quality though. If you don't mind programming MIDI ad rack crap this will take care of your delay needs and a lot of other things. It can't loop, do SOS, or reverse delay though. Check out the TC D-Two delay if you want an exclusive delay unit thats got the same quality as a g-major

Tuners:

Boss TU2 Chromatic Pedal Tuner - IMO everybody should have one. Plus it can power your other pedals with that daisy chain cable.

Comment

well thanks for the help guys, But I think i have decided to stay on a bit longer with my v-amp2 -> my fender stage.

The reason of me looking at pedals is because lately I have only used ONE preset on my v-amp2. And just been using my volume knob to adjust everything.

But I think I'll just keep saving toward the mark IV 1x12 (or triaxis/2:90 if I can afford it) I plan to buy.
                        If I bought something now, I would have 1400 USD to spend.
                        WOOOO HOOOO, but I think something more pressing has come up that I need to spend it on.

Rest assured, when I purchase - I will post pics on here \m/

Comment

Working...
                        X