banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Oh man, I'm getting an ibanez, guess which one!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh man, I'm getting an ibanez, guess which one!

I went to the local shop on Friday, Daddy's Music in Manchester, New hampshire. I went in thinking I'd try out some semi-hollow bodied guitars. I walked by the wall with all of their Ibanez guitars and drooled! At first I tried out an RG2020TX, I think that was the name. But it's a new addition the to RG series. I forgot which woods it has, but they were really exotic and unique. It had Dimarzio designed Ibanez pups. It didn't sound too bad but wasn't creamy and smooth, and the cleans were disapointing, it went for $1,200.
    The next one I tried out was an RG530 or something. It's similar to the 570 but doesnt have the middle single coil. It was OK, but a little under the par for what I wanted.
    The 3rd one I tried was a JS1000BP (Joe Satriani signature). That mofo was sick! The neck was soooooo comfy, and the body fit me like a glove. The Dimarzio's were scolding hot, and the cleans were beautiful! I was expecting the cleans to suck, but they sounded as warm and clear as an ES 335, that pleasing! The only difference is that the JS1000BP has between the JS1200 is that it doesnt have the coil taps. The guitar was a beautifyul Black pearl.

The last one I tried was a Jem7v. It didnt please me at all, the body was way toooo bulky for me.

So, I'm gonna be getting the JS1000BP really soon. I was able to play that guitar soooo much easier than my $350 POS Dean EVO. I'm going to bring my Roland in, and give it the final test run. Set the Amp model to Single Rectifier, throw down some delay/chorus, and rip away! It's definitly a guitar to look at guys!
    Mike Lipe Virtuoso #009
    Ibanez RG1570 Custom
    PRS McCarty STD
    '71 Gibson SG Custom
    Bogner Alchemist 2x12
    Vox AD15VT

Re: Oh man, I'm getting an ibanez, guess which one!

Pics Please!!!

Comment

Working...
    X