banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone played/have clips of JTM 30 reissue/Laneys?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone played/have clips of JTM 30 reissue/Laneys?

I'm looking for a 1x12 or so tube amp, and just became aware that marshall had reissued the JTM 30 until around 2001, and that it retailed for about $500. Since I love the tone of every artist I've known used the JTM 45, I nearly came when I heard that there was a JTM 30 1x12 combo that sold for $500, but since it was discontinued in 2001, I can't find anyone who stocks it. So if anyone tried these when they were in production and could give a review, or has one and could share some clips, I'd be eternally grateful.

Also, I'm thinking about Laneys alot, but since I live in America, I can't find anyone around me who carries Laney. Simmilarly, could people who have played laneys give me a review, and if anyone owns one, could you please share some clips?

Thanks alot,
    Jacob

Re: Anyone played/have clips of JTM 30 reissue/Laneys?

The jtm 30 has absolutely nothing to do with a jtm 45 i know as i have one! It is not a reissue but a low priced combo. i happen to like mine and had it modded to el34s. On long island where I live, i can think of 2 maybe used ones but they might be the 60 watt version.
    If you are not weird , you're strange

Comment

Where do you live on long Island? I'm in westchester and could concievably drive to long island and try them out. When you say it has nothing to do with a jtm 45, do you mean they sound nothing alike?

Comment

My buddy has a Laney pro tubes 50 1x12 combo That I'm try'in to Get from him.
        It's in a slight state of disrepair now,But when I get it and fix it up I plan on posting
        a clip. Last time I played thru it was around 10 years ago. All I remember it had that
        classic British crunch, But more towards the 80's Metal sound than Say... a plexi?
        But I think w/t a little tweak'in you can get a Classic crunch tone from it?

BTW, I saw Ratt at the pier in NYC back in 84' Both guitarist where useing Laney's and
        sounded Awesome !!
        http://www.soundclick.com/whirlwindbluesrevue

Comment

Hi.

I recently bought a 1x12 JTM60 combo, and from what I remember it sounds very similar to a JTM30 (my friend has 1). I'll post some clips of the amp when I get time to record them too.

On an un-related note, I have 2 Laney amp's that I'm selling:

A 1x12 Laney LC30 combo and an extension cab, and a late 80's Laney Pro Tube 100w head in mint condition. I know you're in the USA and I'm in the UK, but just thought I'd mention it

Craig

Comment

Not sure if you checked Laney's website at all, but it seems theres quite a few dealers in New York (the state, not the city). http://www.laney.co.uk Go to the dealers section and click on New York.

I've got a Laney VH100R head and a 4x12 Laney cab, and couldn't be happier with either. They seem to have kind of a unique sound.. almost halfway between Marshall and Mesa, but a little smoother than both. I play ska on it, but it could be used for metal/punk/rock with minimal effort. One of the loudest amps I've ever played.. I play shows with the amp on "3", unmiced
            -Alex

*Proud Owner and Player of Guage guitars, Warmoth guitars, and Orange amps*

Originally posted by HamerPlyr
            I'm already wearing the costume, and Fredericks of Hollywood on the corset and also on the panties, which, of course, have the "convenience crotch".

Comment

I circulate in a few shops on Long Island in Nassau county and I will hunt a few down for ya. Heres the deal with this amp. 2 channels, awesome clean channel, works well with effect pedals. The distortion channel, is a little buzzy. It uses a diode to clip before the tubes so its not really all preamp tube distortion at lower volumes. However, despite, this I swear it is sensitive to tube changes and have gone thur a zillion (ok im exagerating, a million) different brands and swear i can hear a difference. I also had it modded back in 97 to EL 34s. IT ROARS. Now, some say the amp is prone to failure in 2 areas, one it over heats because the tubes are mounted to the board, and 2, the transformer blows. On my first one, i got it in 95 or 96, before i put el34s in it, it did fail and had it fixed under waranty but they messed up the tolex and i got a new one. That one after modding has not failed at all. I find th edistrotion channel is best when the gain is at around 9 oclock. Oh, to answer your question, its a great amp, but does not sound like a jtm45 bluesbreaker. You need kt88s for that. You can get a reissue JTM45 combo and have it worked.

Comment

Originally posted by stratvox
                I circulate in a few shops on Long Island in Nassau county and I will hunt a few down for ya. .
                Musicland in Lindinhurst had a Pro tubes 50 head in there,Last time I was in
                there. I think it's on ebay now??
                http://www.soundclick.com/whirlwindbluesrevue

Comment

guitar center commack has 2 jtm 60s and 1 jtm 30

Comment

Working...
                  X