Played a Guild Bluesbird the other day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Played a Guild Bluesbird the other day

So I noodled around on a Guild Bluesbird we got in the shop the other day.. let me just say.. WOW. I didn't even plug it in, and I knew it was awesome. Just had so much acoustic resonance (chambered body) and the neck felt like butta. I showed it to another guy working that day and he said the same thing. AAA flame maple top (you could FEEL the flame through the finish), awesome fretwork, cool burst finish.. all around a class-act guitar.

I can't believe I had never even heard of the Bluesbird until I played it! If you ever have the opportunity, I HIGHLY recommend checking one out.

Looked kinda similar to this one http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...category=41436

-alex
    Last edited by Fatty; 03-31-2004, 12:24 AM.
    -Alex

*Proud Owner and Player of Guage guitars, Warmoth guitars, and Orange amps*

Originally posted by HamerPlyr
    I'm already wearing the costume, and Fredericks of Hollywood on the corset and also on the panties, which, of course, have the "convenience crotch".

Re: Played a Guild Bluesbird the other day

I think Scott_F has a P90 Bluesbird. They look like cool guitars.
    Watch My Videos
    Photography
    www.myspace.com/thebillyhong
    "Anything worth living for is worth suffering for."

Comment

had a p90 BB and a humbucker version. kept the p90 one for a while, returned the humbucker one immediately.

Outstanding les paul type guitars. Semi hollow insides routed out, nice weight. No f-holes or any of that crap so it still looks like a LP.

I'd probably be on the lookout for another p90 one if one came along at the right price.

www.CelticAmplifiers.com

"You can't save everybody, everybody don't wanna be saved."

Comment

here's a natural P90:
        p90

I haven't played 'em, but I do like the looks of the P90's ... some of the other colors look better, though.

the first good blues player in my home town played a Bluesbird out of a Silvertone amp, and made it sing!
        "music heals"
        facebook

Comment

Larry Carlton has one I belive, sweet sounding guitar.

Comment

I think they are built alot better than most Gibsons right now.

Comment

Working...
            X