Low wattage tube amps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Low wattage tube amps

i'm looking to get some type of tube amp that i could crank in my bedroom and try to keep to a minimal volume (say 3-5 watts). where should i look for these things and what type would you recommend? do they come in as combo's or would i have to plug it into a cab? all i can ever see to find are 30 watt stuff. thanks everyone.
    Drew
    Line 6 Flextone II 1x12
    Schecter C-1 Classic, JB bridge, '59 neck
    Anyone want to donate a tube amp?

Re: Low wattage tube amps

yeah I thought I was getting low wattage when I bought my ashdown peacemaker that was "only" 20 watts...damn, I need to go in another room just to have it cracked half way up

Comment

i bought a fender vibrochamp.. 6 watts... plenty of volume for bed rooms/jamping... my advice is to look for some type of champ... lots of crunch and nice cleans.

Comment

bad cat makes either a 5 watt or an 8 watt amp... but it will run you over $500

i'd say get a modeling amp and some headphones
        '05 Gibson SG Standard
        '07 Gibson Sg Standard Emg 81/85
        PRS IRW McCarty
        '92 Fender MIA Telecaster
        82 Usa Epiphone Spirit w/ Dirtyfingers

Comment

Fender Blues Jr (15W I believe) or Cornford Harlequin (6 Watts I think). The Cornford is expensive but really for the sounds you can get out of that box, man people just couldn't complain
          Jackson USA '98 Custom Shop KE2 w/ Duncan TB-4 JB(b) & Jazz(n)
          Gibson '87 Flying V Designer w/ Duncan Screamin' Demon (n) & Bill Lawrence L500XL (b)
          Fender '70 Stratocaster w/ stock pick ups

VHT Ultralead plugged into a
          Marshall 2x12 Vintage
          Bogner Shiva oversized 1x12 cab (Celestion Classic Lead 80 loaded)

(80's Gibson Dirty Finger pick ups (b&n) on the side)

Comment

A Z Vex Nano Head at 1/2w would be awesome. I've heard some clips of this amp through an Orange 4x12 and it sounds great

Comment

I've got a friend with one of those fender champs, the little skinny ones and its got plenty of tone.

Comment

Z-VEX nano? 0.5 watts of valve lol

Comment

A small wattage amp that's also inexpensive is the Electro Harmonix Freedom amp.
                  Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
                  My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

If you get a tube amp that has a cascading volume system (like a Mesa Boogie or a Fender 75, which was Fender's answer to a Mesa), you can get as much gain as you like but still have the volume around speaking level. You just keep the master low and adjust the gain with the other volumes.
                    www.enigmaduo.com

Comment

Originally posted by Peterku
                      ouch, a little over budget at 850, but it seems like a nice little deal. The blues jr looks like a good deal for the price, how do they sound? i think i would be looking for a combo amp, i don't have a cab to plug it into, other than plugging into my flextone II 1x12.
                      Line 6 Flextone II 1x12
                      Schecter C-1 Classic, JB bridge, '59 neck
                      Anyone want to donate a tube amp?

Comment

Check out all the Fender Champs available on Ebay.

Comment

Fender Champs are the way to go here. Little old Princetons are cool too.

Blues Jrs are nice but 15w cranked is still enough to annoy people and wake them up.

Comment

yeah, what b2d said.
                            i got a jr and use it on small gigs. not a good bedroom amp if you really want to open it up.
                            if you really want good cranked amp bedroom tone, you want 6w maximum and even that could be a little loud if it has an efficient speaker

Comment

Originally posted by Infinite Dreams
                              ouch, a little over budget at 850, but it seems like a nice little deal. The blues jr looks like a good deal for the price, how do they sound? i think i would be looking for a combo amp, i don't have a cab to plug it into, other than plugging into my flextone II 1x12.
                              850? Are you kidding me? These things don't retail for that price here in Holland (ok, maybe because they're made here), but anyhow I think they're something in range of 400 euros (that's a little more than 400 US). I'll check on that when i get the chance
                              Jackson USA '98 Custom Shop KE2 w/ Duncan TB-4 JB(b) & Jazz(n)
                              Gibson '87 Flying V Designer w/ Duncan Screamin' Demon (n) & Bill Lawrence L500XL (b)
                              Fender '70 Stratocaster w/ stock pick ups

VHT Ultralead plugged into a
                              Marshall 2x12 Vintage
                              Bogner Shiva oversized 1x12 cab (Celestion Classic Lead 80 loaded)

(80's Gibson Dirty Finger pick ups (b&n) on the side)

Comment

Working...
                              X