Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Low wattage tube amps

Originally posted by Neeradj
    850? Are you kidding me? These things don't retail for that price here in Holland (ok, maybe because they're made here), but anyhow I think they're something in range of 400 euros (that's a little more than 400 US). I'll check on that when i get the chance
    now that i look at it i think that 850 might be the MSRP. anyone have any clips from a fender champ amp?
    Line 6 Flextone II 1x12
    Schecter C-1 Classic, JB bridge, '59 neck
    Anyone want to donate a tube amp?

Comment

I'll second what people have said about Cornfords... Joe Satriani is a fan of them and he uses them all the time on hsi records and they sound amazing. Check out Wells amps too.

Comment

Originally posted by Ice Man
        Check out all the Fender Champs available on Ebay.

Comment

This one is supposed to sweet little tube amp: http://emerysound.com/Microbaby.html

On amptone.com they say a 5 watt amp is about as loud a trumpet at full volume. This is pretty loud for apartment use. You might get away with it in a house, if your neighbors aren't too close.

I think low volume tube tone is the "holy grail". I haven't found it yet and am ready to give up. After I check out the Fender Champs and Princetons on e-bay that is.
          GMP Pawnshop Deluxe - Custom Custom Bridge, 59n

Parker Fly, Ruby Red, 1996 H/H/P

Parker Nitefly SSH

THD Univalve with Avatar Cab

Bad Cat Mini Cat

Vox Valvetronix AD-60 1x12

"Thanks for comin out and...
          KEEPIN THE SCENE ALIVE"

Comment

man i wish i had some more dough for all this stuff you guys are pointing out. in my search for a small wattage tube amp, i think the price is more of a factor than the volume. i'm looking for around the 250 to 300 range.
            Line 6 Flextone II 1x12

Comment

This is another small "tube" amp I've been wanting to try http://www.songworks.com/pages/2/index.htm

It's $329 plus tax. I think the guy makes them down in San Juan Capistrano, CA.

Also, have you considered modelling amps. The 30 watt Vox Valvetronix is only $239.

I have been on a similar search for tube tone at moderate volumes. I finally found a good rock tone on my Valvetronix that comes close. Some of the amps it try's to model suck, but if you know how to set up an amp for a genral rock tone and then switch aroung the "amp dial" til it sounds good, your in business.

There are many other modelling amps to consider, like Line 6 and the Rolands stuff.
              GMP Pawnshop Deluxe - Custom Custom Bridge, 59n

Parker Fly, Ruby Red, 1996 H/H/P

Parker Nitefly SSH

THD Univalve with Avatar Cab

Bad Cat Mini Cat

Vox Valvetronix AD-60 1x12

"Thanks for comin out and...
              KEEPIN THE SCENE ALIVE"

Comment

i'm really looking for a true tube amp, as of right now i do have a flextone II 1x12 and it's ok, i've got it all hooked up to my comp with midi and also plugged into my soundcard to play along with backtracks on my headphones (maybe i should put my setup in my profile) but i really would like to get into the real deal and get me a tube amp. all these suggestions are really helping guys, thanks a ton. maybe i should put my setup in my profile.
                Line 6 Flextone II 1x12

Comment

Get a Blues Jr. on eBay. Can be had for under $300 and they sound great. Ask for an attenuator for xmas. Then you'll have a setup that you can play at bedroom levels and also gig with when the opportunity arises. Somewhere down the line you'll want to replace the stock speaker, but for bedroom playing don't worry about it.

Comment

attenuator? where can you get these? I'd like to put something on my 20 watt peacemaker that I play in my bedroom so i can still have some tube saturation with lower volume.

Comment

Working...
                    X