banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

question on guitar research/ skb freedom cases??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• question on guitar research/ skb freedom cases??

hey guys.. i called sam ash (who i dont go to normally) and they said they carried guitar research cases. i asked who made them and 2 stores said skb made them for sam ash but they just change the name tag on the hardshell case.

they look exactly like the freedom cases.. and i think they're also the skb warranty?

anybody have any of these cases? im not touring with my guitars but i do play shows with my side project from time to time.. so the freedom cases and guitar research seem like the bang for the buck.

j

Re: question on guitar research/ skb freedom cases??

Freedom cases are ok for light transportation but I wouldn't trust them to take very much abuse. I'd go with TKL or Kaces instead. I use one of them (along with an old fender case thats similarly built) and while they're both kinda beat lookin the outer shell hasn't cracked like those cheap SKB cases tend to do.

I used to work at GC and those SKB ones were ALWAYS cracking after a light fall off a shelf or a rough shipping trip.

Comment

really. thanks

Comment

What B2D said is correct. I have 3 SKB cases. one for a Strat and the others are storing my Teles. They are good for transporting your guitar from home to a gig or practice,or mfor just keeping the guitar protected at home. I would not trust them for tour type of work.
        "So you will never have to listen to Surf music again" James Marshall Hendrix
        "When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will know peace."-Jimi Hendrix

Comment

Working...
        X