banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you guys think to these guitars?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you guys think to these guitars?

Just wondering what everyone thought to these geetars:

They're expensive, but they are a quality instrument.

Would anyone consider one? Where in the market do you think they sit?

Re: What do you guys think to these guitars?

I've not heard of them, sorry. Gotta tell ya though, the best made instrument in my collection is my 79 Dean Z.
    www.enigmaduo.com

Comment

Never heard of 'em. Web site is bloody slow!!!!
      I don't see anything that would make them nicer than a Gibson DC, tho.
      There are no barriers being broken down here, imo.
      Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
      My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

Don't have a clue

But they sure do look very perdy.
        Originally posted by Kanye West
        Welcome to the real world. Everybody wanna booooo me but I'm a fan of real pop culture!!! No disrespect but we watchin' the show at the crib right now cause...well you know...I'm not crazy y'all, I'm just real.

Comment

They look nice enough but it appears they are very expensive.
          www.soundclick.com/failedgrace
          www.myspace.com/robert_sherman
          http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1513342220

T4D got a new gig!

(Please send sig worthy material!)

Comment

I don't see anything that would make them nicer than a Gibson DC, tho.
            Control layout

Thats personal preference though, but I prefer 1 volume 1 tone.

Mind you the site was so slow I didn't even wait to look at the other pages, I'm downloading a game demo as well which isn't speeding anything up either
            Last edited by nuntius; 10-13-2004, 10:07 AM.
            My clips

Originally posted by Rid
            How do I block my hardtail?

Comment

I think that they're shooting for the Gibson/PRS style guitars. I see nothing extraordinary though, so I'll still root for Hamer.
              Ain't nothin' but a G thang, baby.

Comment

I´ve never heard of them, at least not that I can recall, and their lineup doesn´t look too promising.

One model/style in direct competition with Hamer Archtops/ PRS Standards and Customs / LP Doublecuts / Dean Hardtails doesn´t exactly sound like a winning recipe to me
                Zerberus Industries: Where perfection just isn't good enough.

Listen to my music at http://www.soundclick.com/infiniteending and www.subache.com

Comment

The site is very slow and takes a long time to download I have never heard of them and as already been said they are trying to compete with Hamers/PRS/Gibsons etc.

They are going to have a very hard time being able to break into the market particularly in UK/Europe with some of the prices that they are asking for their guitars. They probably need to have a look at what JJ Guitars have done in the UK and copy their business model and bring their price down substantially if they want to survive. They will also need some big endorsements if they are going to get anywhere.
                  Normans Guitars

Comment

BTW, just looked at the spec sheets. Yamah humbuckers on a high end guitar? C'mon, we all know ANYONE can do better than that.
                    Ain't nothin' but a G thang, baby.

Comment

Originally posted by Benjy_26
                      BTW, just looked at the spec sheets. Yamah humbuckers on a high end guitar? C'mon, we all know ANYONE can do better than that.
                      lol!

The reason the guitar has Yamaha PUP's on it is because the guy who makes them designed the Yamaha MSG range back in the mid 80's!

Martyn Booth is actually a well respected guitar repairer here in the UK. He used to work for Yamaha UK and previously Gibson UK. Since Yamaha stopped producing the MSG he decided to build and sell a more 'custom' version of the guitar.

I spoke to him earlier today and he said he's not shifting too many units. From what you guys say, I reckon the price is a considerable put-off. The trouble he has is that the building process is long and quite expensive, and if he is to make them quicker he'll need to spend big bucks on a CNC machine which then means he'll have to sell loads just to pay that off - Catch 22.

I think he's happy to carry on with repairing for his main income and build the guitars as an on the side thing. Apparently most of his customers are professionals i.e. lawuers, dentists etc. lacking distinctively one particular group - professional musicians!

Comment

Working...
                      X