epi lp v.s esp lp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• epi lp v.s esp lp

im looking into savining up for a 3rd guitar but only want to spend up to $600 and ive been looking at the epi lp custom and im also curious how well the esp lp versions are? i heard that the esp's are as good as a high price gibson lp
    [B]"For Those About to Rock, We Solute You"
    AC/DC

Re: epi lp v.s esp lp

If you need 24 frets, the LTD is the way to go, if not, Epi makes some nice guitars (you got to play a LOT to get a good one). My personal recommendations, look for a used Hamer. You'll be glad you did.
    Ain't nothin' but a G thang, baby.

Comment

You can get a Esp Ec400 ATS for $550 with either duncans or Emg's. A better playing and sounding guitar. The only downside, in my opinion, is that it is even more of a Les Paul copy than an Epi. But if that doesn't bother you, DEFINATELY go with the Esp.

Comment

The Esp 400 ATS is a 22 fret guitar, not 24.

Comment

i will second the hamer idea. then on to the epi. I think the esp les paul copy is a little too thin to reproduce those paul like tones. imo it would be a much better guitar if it had about a 1/4 inch more mahogony.
          Cleveland Guitars

Comment

what style hamer? and marty, is it the archtop ur talking about because i didnt find a ats, and it was only sold in with the sd jb/59?
            AC/DC

Comment

ANY Hamer.

They're ALL the cat's ass. All of them.

Comment

The EC-1000 is a GREAT guitar. Even with the Epiphone, I think I would have to recommend the ESP/LTD. It's a great guitar and comes with better stock components.

Comment

Originally posted by Guitarist
                  The EC-1000 is a GREAT guitar. Even with the Epiphone, I think I would have to recommend the ESP/LTD. It's a great guitar and comes with better stock components.
                  +1

Comment

does anyone know about the les paul custom plus/deluxe(the flamed top)? im curious if its any better
                    AC/DC

Comment

Originally posted by blake da teleman
                      does anyone know about the les paul custom plus/deluxe(the flamed top)? im curious if its any better

Play as many as you can get your hands on, and always play them unplugged. This will take the electronics (you'll probably change them anyway) out of the equation. Pick the one that feels and sounds the best.

Comment

I still yet have to find a Lespaul thats 25.5"/24 frets without having to go the custom make way..

Duke
                        www.dukeofmetal.tk

Comment

The guy who does my guitar work told me he's only ever seen two ESP LTDs come across his bench. Both had lifted fretwork, and both were nearly new.
                          || Guitar | Wah | Vibe | Amp ||

Comment

There are 2 different versions. The EC400 is a 24 fret guitar with Emg 81's. The EC400 ATS is 22 frets with the Jb/59 combo. The ATS looks more like an actual Les Paul, while the other looks just a little different. By the way, the body on the ATS is just as thick as a real Les Paul, and is least as heavy as an Epi. Trust me, if you like the feel of a Les Paul, The Esp has it all over the Epi. Duncan pickups, Grover tuners, Earvana nut, jumbo frets, Way more, for less $$. The only difference is that is only available in black or gold, and it has 2 volume and 1 tone as opposed to 2 each like the Epi. Check out American Music Supply, which is where I bought mine.

Comment

I have had top of the line Epi's and tried ESP L.P's in store:

Get a VIPER EC1000 if you can afford it.
                              If not go the ec400,
                              If not **** epi's and get a used gibson studio.

Comment

Working...
                              X