banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best place in UK for pots/caps/jacks/switches?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best place in UK for pots/caps/jacks/switches?

Does anyone know of somewhere over here in the UK that sells all the above mentioned parts at good prices?

Allparts seem to be the only place I can find, even then it'd cost me about £60 to completley re-wire my LP (it has long shaft pots, if it makes a difference)
    "What frequency are you getting? Is it noise or sweet, sweet music?"

Re: Best place in UK for pots/caps/jacks/switches?

www.touchstonetonewoods.co.uk - reigate

for pots/some switches, try maplin

Comment

It is the Allparts UK web site you've looked at isn't it?

Welcome to Allparts, the UK's #1 choice for guitar, bass and amp parts. We provide exceptional parts to retail customers, local music and guitar builders.

I bought stuff from them when they were called Pincotts and I don't remember it being that expensive.

Have you considered ordering a complete electronics upgrade kit from RS?:

They ship internationally, and it might work out cheaper. Plus you can get some interesting optional extras, wiring instructions etc. They get a lot of good reviews at the Les Paul Forum. I'm thinking of trying one soon.
      Last edited by Simon_F; 10-14-2004, 08:38 AM.

Comment

Imp - I didn't see any long shaft pots on touchstone's site, although the wood section got me thinking about building myself another guitar!! (I emailed them though)

Simon - It was the UK Allparts I was looking at, although RS is looking like a very good option, for like $30 I can get the lot, and they take paypal, even better.

Thanks guys.
        "What frequency are you getting? Is it noise or sweet, sweet music?"

Comment

Working...
        X