Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• keyboards?

Hey guys,

I was thinkin that over the christmas months i might leard to play the keyboard and hope you could suggest a few..Im not looking to spend alot mabye at most €150-200 , if that would get me a reasonable keyboard..
    I want something that basically anyone who wants a keyboard wants, something that plays and sounds good, and if it had cool added extra features and versatility tat would be cool too...

Cheers
    Marshall JVM 410C
    Mesa Boogie DC-3
    ~2010 USA G&L Legacy Special/S-500 bastard-child, Tobaccoburst.
    1996 USA G&L Legacy, Honeyburst, SSS , Dimarzio Injector/Kinman AVn69/AVn69
    2007 USA Gibson LP Studio, Stock PUPs
    2005 USA EBMM Silhouette Special,Hardtail , Tobaccoburst,SSS Stock PUPs
    1999 USA Peavey Wolfgang,Flame Cherryburst Trem
    2005 MIM Fender Tele, Hotrails/Stock Neck
    1997 Yamaha Pacifica 812 EMGs

Re: keyboards?

Well, I know NOTHING about keyboards!
    Just get a guitar synth!
    Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
    My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

or, i would suggest a cheap keyboard controller (Midiman 49 key) USB'd to your computer with a good softsynth. hours of fun.
      guitar synth is awesome too.
      Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

What's the current exchange rate (so I know your price range)?

Just a guess, but if correct, then go for a Casio or Yamaha in your range. Touch sensitive keys is a plus. Weighted keys are good, but usually cost quite a bit more.

My son has a Casio CTK 541 (this model has been upgraded, BTW). Pretty cool for what it is, and I paid $140 (4-5 years ago).

Also, look for a used Alesis QS 6.xxx?. The Alesis QS series is one of the best bang for the buck keys out there. It's not a Roland, but it also does not cost $3000. The QS 6 is 61 keys, QS 7 = 76, QS 8 = 88 (and has weighted keys).

I have the QS 8. The 7 (and maybe the 6) has the same synthesizer, but fewer, and unweighted, keys.

Check this out:
        Our musical instruments store offers music equipment including guitars, drums & keyboards. Get 0% interest plans & free shipping at American Musical Supply.
        Romans 3:23; 6:23; 5:8; 10:13; 10:9-10

Teknon Theou
        https://youtube.com/channel/UCo848I2...e4jKB5DNZ4Y7hs
        Complaining that there are hypocrites in church is like complaining that fat people use the gym. Where else would you have them be?

Comment

Well with taxes and whatnot take it that €100=$100..

Unless I go second hand on ebay, probobly would work out alot better...Thanks for the help guys , any more suggestions are appreciated
          Marshall JVM 410C
          Mesa Boogie DC-3

Comment

and I understand theres keyboards you can get where you can compose songs on too and have it play them back and such.. i assume there only higher end ones tho??

Cheers
            Marshall JVM 410C
            Mesa Boogie DC-3

Comment

Hey guys, I seen this Midi Keyboard, seems to use USB post so I would assume i can use it then since I don't have a Midi post (anymore, I blew up my old soundcard with one with an amp, long story )

What do you think of this one? am i correct in sating I don't need any extra software to use it? This would be using the midi sounds from my pc right?so is there any software or upgrade I can do to get better quality sounds?

Thanks alot,.. i couldn't find the Midiman that Mincer suggested but this one seems Ok at €100, With taxes and whatnot take it as €100

Cheers
              Marshall JVM 410C
              Mesa Boogie DC-3

Comment

Should work fine ...
                the synths that allow you to record onto them have sequencers built internally, that will allow you to, essentially, multitrack MIDI information.
                Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
                My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

Originally posted by TwilightOdyssey
                  Should work fine ...
                  the synths that allow you to record onto them have sequencers built internally, that will allow you to, essentially, multitrack MIDI information.
                  Ah i see, I was looking them up too but there just slightly (and I use that Term Loosley) out of my price range..
                  Marshall JVM 410C
                  Mesa Boogie DC-3

Comment

I've got a korg triton ProX But thats probably out of your price range

A midi controller would be great if you just want to learn some keyboard and play with some great sounds. Pickup Reaktor Sessions, its got a lot of cool synths plus you can download even better ones from the ever expanding user library.

Comment

Working...
                    X