Ibanez Artcore

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ibanez Artcore

Does anybody know anything about this line? I've heard good things about them and they seem very affordable. I'm leaning most towards the AK85 model.

Re: Ibanez Artcore

I was considering an Ibby, and some of the Artcore's awhile back. Fortunately, we have a store in town with a wide selection. Some of them felt good in my hands, and some didn't. I wasn't concerned with the sound, because I'd change the pups anyway.

So basically, if there's anyway you can hold one, and see how it feels, they can be nice, but I'm not sure I'd want to order one mail-order.

Artie

Comment

lower end gretsches tend to be a lot better IMO

they've been making semi hollows since forever
      Originally posted by gibson175
      metal zones are for pussies.

Comment

I played one of the big hollowbodies models that I've wanted ever since picking it up. Great neck, frets, and an awesome acoustic sound. OTrans orange finish to boot. I've had dreams of adding a real Bigsby and a pair of TV'trons and making myself a poor mans Gretsch.
        Ain't nothin' but a G thang, baby.

Comment

I've messed around with a few of those Artcores. They all felt really good. They played well, and were much higher quality than I've come to expect from Ibanez in that price range. The trans blueburst finish looks reaaaaally nice with all the chrome that's on it too.

Comment

I've played around with a few, and was surprised at their quality for price. They've got decent finishes, good fretwork, solid hardware ... and typical low-end Ibanez pickups.

For the money, you'll not find anything better. I wouldn't worry too much about the overseas manufacturing... lower-end Gretsch guitars are also made overseas now ( and to be frank, I've never had a Gretsch feel right in my hands. The fretboards are fairly wide ... but feel is subjective). Calculate how much it would cost to replace the pups with what you'd want, and see if it's still a) a bargain and b) within your price range.
            <----- another experiment in rewiring turns tragic.

Comment

Originally posted by Benjy_26
              I played one of the big hollowbodies models that I've wanted ever since picking it up. Great neck, frets, and an awesome acoustic sound. OTrans orange finish to boot. I've had dreams of adding a real Bigsby and a pair of TV'trons and making myself a poor mans Gretsch.
              heh, like brian setzer much?
              Originally posted by gibson175
              metal zones are for pussies.

Comment

the Artcore series wasn't conceived to be high-end guitars. for the asking price, the guitars are superb with tone & playability in mind. personally, i'd do away with the pickups ASAP, but they sound more than decent IMO.

-----------------------
                Now listening to: Darkthrone- Sardonic Wrath
                Psychic Horns

Comment

Working...
                X