banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What volume do you usually put your guitar on?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What volume do you usually put your guitar on?

10 lol - my tone pots are bust as well - i don't like the idea of a capacitor having more influence on my tone than the way i play...

i just shift towards the neck

Comment

super seven
      Wackor
      Ørdøg
      NecroPolo
      Diabolus in Musica
      SIDrip Alliance
      Book of Shadows
      RKH

Comment

I roll off a bit, not shure how much though,just enough to do without channel switching on the Bassman. On my hybrid rig (Boss GT-6 into tube power amp), volume is on 10 with the tone pots rolled back some.
        Ain't nothin' but a G thang, baby.

Comment

I usually run between 6 and 10 for the bridge JB and 5 and 8 for the neck '59.
          ~Sid

"If you play a Nickelback song backwards you'll hear messages from the devil. Even worse, if you play it forward you'll hear Nickelback." ~David Grohl

Comment

for the neck with rhythm stuff i play at 7 and for the bridge like the jb on distortion i play it wide open to get full distortion capability.
            Gear: Carvin CT6 flame top(alnico 2 pro,JB), Strat scappoled fretboard(59,CC), Morgan monroe ovation knock-off, yamaha nylon acoustic,Boss super overdrive with TS-808 "silver" analogman mod, Boss DS-1 with keeley mod, Vox wah with true bypass mod, Fender Super Reverb 65.

Originally Posted by Jeff_H
            The APH is like slipping into a tub of warm honey spashed with the silky essence of virgins.

Comment

My guitar volume is mostly at 10 for that balls out tone, but if I'm playing clean, or have a buzz in the signal I don't like, I come down to about 7-8. For my 7-string with a JB, I use the volume like a gain knob: 10 for too much, 7 for good and crunchy, 4 for Opeth, 3 for AC/DC, 2 for dirty clean. Oh, and tone knobs do nothing for me, so I have them removed.

Comment

at 10, but sometimes at 7 when in a song I have to turn the volume up.

Comment

interestingly enough I always keep mine wide open but this thread made me experiment with backing off on the volume when i practiced last night! haha

I got some cool tones out of my guitars that were hiding in there. Some interesting harmonics popped out and with light and even heavy distortion some tones sounded a little sweeter for blues and such.

Cooooool.

Comment

Originally posted by Simon_F
                    I usually play rhythm with the guitar volume at about 7 or 8, sometimes 5 or 6, then turn it up to 10 for solos. This is obviously a sign that I'm old.
                    I must be getting old too: 6 is rhythm and 10 is lead. I don't use pedals so this is the way I "have" to do it, but I've found it a very simple and efficient method, as you get the extra volume and gain neeed for leads. It's also nice to go have separate volume controls on the LP to do it at the flick of a switch.

Comment

I find that most pickups work best between 7-10.
                      Romans 3:23; 6:23; 5:8; 10:13; 10:9-10

Teknon Theou
                      https://youtube.com/channel/UCo848I2...e4jKB5DNZ4Y7hs
                      Complaining that there are hypocrites in church is like complaining that fat people use the gym. Where else would you have them be?

Comment

On my SG I have the bridge at 10 and the neck either at 1 (for cleans) or 0 (to mute everything). My strat is usually just keep at 10.
                        -Tom

Epiphone G400 w/Duncan Custom
                        Vox VT15
                        Washburn D10SCE
                        Getsch Electromatic Junior Jet Bass

Comment

Working...
                        X