Is your Line 6 boomy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is your Line 6 boomy?

I have a Flextone IIXL. It always seems to have boomy bass. Sometimes overwhelmingly so, especially with the clean settings. Even with this strat I'm playing.. that bottom E just booms.

Is it me, or do any other Line 6'ers have this problem?
    Originally posted by Scott_F
    On that day, should I ever be so unlucky, I will expect an unholy assault of pure metal mayhem attacking all my senses with a little tiny voice in the background screaming Effing Hails!

Re: Is your Line 6 boomy?

Matt that may be a Flex II issue I somewhat remember. Not one on the Flex III that I know of. Is yours one of the earliy Flex II's with Eminence's rather than Celestions? That may be it.
    Institute Of Noise Music Productions
    http://www.instituteofnoise.com

Director of US Sales & Operations
    Bogner Amplification
    http://www.bogneramplification.com

Comment

mine can tend to be a tad boomy when it's turned up past maybe 2 on the volume, but i never really have any reason to turn it up that much anyway. i don't even like my line6 that much really.

sorry to take ove the thread, but what do you think would be a fair price to ask for a flextone ll plus that's about three years old? in's pretty much in perfect shape, and there's nothing wrong with it with the exception of a small tear in the speaker :/
      gear:

'05 gibson les paul studio vintage mahogany (DiMarzio Super Distortion/ SD Jazz)
      '04 gibson SG standard (BurstBucker Pro's)
      mesa/boogie 2-channel dual rectifier (with EL34's)
      marshall 1960A 4x12
      and a few pedals

Comment

Nope my Line 6 HD-147 sounds great. Only time it can sound boomy is with a boomy type of cabinet model...

Comment

Originally posted by InstituteOfNoise
          Matt that may be a Flex II issue I somewhat remember. Not one on the Flex III that I know of. Is yours one of the earliy Flex II's with Eminence's rather than Celestions? That may be it.
          Hi AZ,

Yes, it is an early version with the 2.0 chip and the Eminence speakers. I did upgrade the chip which I think improved the sound some. I did not do the speaker upgrade, tho, since it was about a 100 bucks. Do you know if the Celestions are a special design for Line 6, or are they just an off-the-shelf Celestion?

I did happen to stumble on a patch that works pretty well with this Strat I'm borrowing. Ironically, it was a factory preset for the clean Dumble. I'd never used it before, and I think I'll check this patch out for awhile. Thanks

-Matt

Originally posted by muttonchopsrule
          mine can tend to be a tad boomy when it's turned up past maybe 2 on the volume, but i never really have any reason to turn it up that much anyway. i don't even like my line6 that much really.

sorry to take ove the thread, but what do you think would be a fair price to ask for a flextone ll plus that's about three years old? in's pretty much in perfect shape, and there's nothing wrong with it with the exception of a small tear in the speaker :/
          I do enjoy my Line 6. It's about perfect for what I do. I play in the house, and record now and then on the computer, and the direct outs are good for that. I'll buy an older Marshall eventually (for rokken), but I think I'll always hold onto my Line 6 since it's quite versatile, recording is a breeze, and the Line 6 edit utility is nice... plus AZ has about a zillion tones to choose from.

As for a good used price, I couldn't say as I've not shopped around for one. You could simply get up on Ebay and see what the going rate for a used one is, and factor down for the tear in the speaker. I would call a torn speaker a problem, tho, I think.
          Originally posted by Scott_F
          On that day, should I ever be so unlucky, I will expect an unholy assault of pure metal mayhem attacking all my senses with a little tiny voice in the background screaming Effing Hails!

Comment

Originally posted by JammerMatt
            I have a Flextone IIXL. It always seems to have boomy bass. Sometimes overwhelmingly so, especially with the clean settings. Even with this strat I'm playing.. that bottom E just booms.

I don't own one, but have you tried messing around with your pickup height or pole pieces yet? ..I'm pretty sure Jolly owns a IIXL.
            A link to the VERY LIMITED (Ladies) OPETH G-String!! ..Act Now!!!:bigthumb:
            This black g-string underwear has the famous "O" logo that Opeth has been using for some time now. The logo is silk screened onto the g-string and looks very sharp in yellow against the black field. ..These are a one-size-fits-most.

Comment

The Celestions were a special design. I believe you can order them directly from Line 6. I don't think they are that pricey in comparison to say a V30. I think they are somehwere soundwise to a G12-80 Modern, but with a bit flatter response.
              Institute Of Noise Music Productions
              http://www.instituteofnoise.com

Director of US Sales & Operations
              Bogner Amplification
              http://www.bogneramplification.com

Comment

I never saw my spider I as boomy, but then again I have bright guitars

dan

(I have avatars and sigs turned off. Do you?)

Comment

Originally posted by JammerMatt

I used the POD 2.0 for recording and the boominess was a bit annoying at times.
                  Hoo Hooooo Hooo Hoooooooo

http://talktobears.hearnow.com

Sent from an old crank telephone in rural GA

Comment

My Spider is anemic on the low end. I haven't really had a lot of time to just sit & play with the thing, though.
                    www.enigmaduo.com

Comment

Working...
                    X