Looking for a good pedal palate amp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for a good pedal palate amp

Hey everyone, I'm looking for a good amp to use as a palate for pedals. I'm going to look at the Marshall JMP's, JCM 800's, and those are really all I can think of. I dont want to spend $1,200 on a high channel switching amp when I'll end up only using one channel. I'd much rather get a used head or combo of some sort that's one channel only and then use pedals to creat my own unique sound. So if you guys know of any good single channel heads/combos that are good for this, please give some reccomendations!
    Mike Lipe Virtuoso #009
    Ibanez RG1570 Custom
    PRS McCarty STD
    '71 Gibson SG Custom
    Bogner Alchemist 2x12
    Vox AD15VT

Re: Looking for a good pedal palate amp

JMP's sound cool, but are pretty close to the very cheap
    Sovtek Mig 50.

I think their worth checking out, all tube too!

Comment

If you can find a Bassman 100 head (it's going to be a Silverface: 1969-1983) somewhere and combine that with a Marshall 1936 2x12 extension cabinet, you'd have something pretty nice.

I don't know what those old heads are going for these days though. I used to use a Bassman 50 head with the large 2x12 or 12x15 cabinet (I don't remember which) in a band back in the late 70's.

Brett
      Hamer XT Sunburst Archtop Flame- Phat Cats; Hamer Sunburst Archtop Quilted- Jazz(n)/Pearly Gates(b); Brian Moore i21 - Alnico 2 Pro(n)/Pearly Gates(b); Tex Mex Strat - Classic Stack(n)/Lil' 59(b); Carvin DC135T - used oval HotRails(n)/CustomCustom(b); '68 Gibson ES-335 - Jazz(b); RI Fender Bass VI (bari-electric Hot Rails bridge?); Standard Tele-Ash(SE)pickups?

Comment

a sf bassman is a good start, a bf one is probably gonna be kinda pricey but a sf one might not be. that mig 50 is a great amp if you can find one used

Comment

Working...
        X