X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• orbiter
    replied
    Re: Grover Tuners

99 times outta 100 .. it's the nut, bridge, or improper wrapping on tuning peg that cause's tuning problems.

I have grovers from the 70's that still work like butter and stay in tune perfectly.

there are gotoh locking klusions available at stewmac that will fit w/o modding.

the gibson deluxe tuners are pretty lame IMO .. but grovers are the goods!

Leave a comment:

• JfromHouston
    replied

Just for the record...My LP has Klusons on it so I was refering to Chris' problem of having a tough time with the G string staying in tune. All my other guitars have locking grovers and I have no problems at all with them.

J

Leave a comment:

• scooter
    replied

I've never had any problems with my Grovers.

Leave a comment:

• 59paul
    replied

I use the Grover Standard 18:1 tuners on all my LP Standards, and I have no tuning problems at all. I just keep the guitars properly setup, and they're fine.

Leave a comment:

• Spoonman
    replied

I have an epiphone les paul standard that came stock with grovers, so maybe you wont, who knows?

Leave a comment:

• midnite_man
    replied

Originally posted by BombsAwayJ
    Grovers came stock on my schecter and I love them. They stay pretty well in tune, and are so smooth. I've heard alot about the G string on les pauls going out of tune, I don't think it would be the tuners but locking tuners will probably solve that. Maybe a graphite nut would be a good investment to try.
    My Schecter also came with Grover's, and I'll agree that they seem to keep the guitar in tune pretty good.

Leave a comment:

• midnite_man
    replied

I put Sperzel's in mine, and had to ream out the holes. I used a Dremel with a tapered sanding bit and just kept slowly working it until the new tuners slid in. Worked pretty good, and the tuners work great.

Leave a comment:

• BombsAwayJ
    replied

Grovers came stock on my schecter and I love them. They stay pretty well in tune, and are so smooth. I've heard alot about the G string on les pauls going out of tune, I don't think it would be the tuners but locking tuners will probably solve that. Maybe a graphite nut would be a good investment to try.

Leave a comment:

• Jeffrec
    replied

I have Grover locking tuners in my SG. They're terrific. Check the diameter of the current holes in your guitar against the specs for the Grovers (look on the Stewart-McDonald website for the Grover info). You might not have to drill. The Grovers fit the Gibson SG holes perfectly.

www.stewmac.com

Jeff

Leave a comment:

• korovamilkdud
    replied

Grovers on my Les Paul can't seem to keep my low E in tune.

Leave a comment:

• PUCKBOY99
    replied

HHHHMmmmmmmmm....something to keep an eye on! Thanks fellas!

Leave a comment:

• Martian
    replied

The Grover Minis on my NR Firebird as well as on my Standard are from hunger. I always did and still do think, Grovers bite the big one.

Leave a comment:

• JfromHouston
    replied

Chris...mine does too. THat is the ONLY string that does it. And then it gives me trouble even tuning it up, going back in forth out of tune

Leave a comment:

• That90'sGuy
    replied

I hate Grovers. My G string on my Les Paul Standard CONSTANTLY goes out of tune... pisses me off. When I get the money and make some other needed purchases, locking tuners will be on the list

Leave a comment:

• PUCKBOY99
    replied

FWIW....My new Guild D-55 came with Grovers. They are the smoothest tuners I've ever had! You will enjoy them....I think I'm gonna get a set for my Epi LP Custom!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X