No announcement yet.

REVIEW of my new 80 Watt Traynor 2x12!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• REVIEW of my new 80 Watt Traynor 2x12!

Just received the YCV80 that I bought new on ebay. (by the way, there are a couple of guys selling these on ebay for $150-200 less than MF) This thing rocks! I was concerned that 80 watts might be too much but it has a master volume as well as individual volumes for each channel, so you can crank the gain and get crunch at low volume levels. The lead channel has a boost switch that can be operated with the included 2 button footswitch to give you that extra oomph. Lead channel also has a 'scoop' button so you can get a 'metal' tone from it. Clean channel has a bright button that I like for my humbucker equipped guitars. Seems to give it more sparkle. Has reverb, too. I can get Beatles Day Tripper tones to VH Ain't Talkin', Runnin' with the Devil, and hit the scoop button for Black Sabbath's Paranoid. I'm very happy with this amp. I was going to get a DSL401 but this one has more features and seems more versatile, and it costs less so it was a no-brainer. Don't overlook these when looking for a new amp.
    Seymour Duncans I've owned: Dimebucker, '59n, '59b, PG+n, JB, Phat Cat, PGn, Custom, Seth Lover, '78.

Re: REVIEW of my new 80 Watt Traynor 2x12!

Congrats bro! Thats a great amp with lots of mojo! You did well.

Comment

Re: REVIEW of my new 80 Watt Traynor 2x12!

sounds like a sweet amp. on another forum i post on they love traynors! clips comming?
      esp ltd deluxe ec-1000 (amber sunburst)
      fender mim standard strat
      peavey classic 30
      johnson j-station
      original ibanez ts-9 (not in use)
      dunlop crybaby (sometimes in use)
      yamaha f-310p acoustic
      taylor 410 acoustic
      "This ain't no ballet-we want people to listen with their eyes closed,to just let the music come inside them and forget their wordly cares..." Duane Allman
      "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." - Dr. Suess

Comment

Working...
      X