Just played a epiphone elitist les paul studio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just played a epiphone elitist les paul studio

I dont know about anyone else but i LOVER the elitst studio les paul. It sounds great and is affordable!!!!! the only downer is no binding and dot inlays. Actually i was luck enough to also play the epiphone elistist custom les paul and it was even better nice and heavy and just plain great! only downer is the COST!!!!! so ive decided im gonna go with the epiphone elitist studio les paul as its affordable and has the right tone. At least i know im getting the right ind of woods, where as the regular line of epiphones use mahogany/alder (?!?!?!?) the elisist line on the other hand has better hardware and real woods. Any comment guys? have any good or bad expereince with these axes? Personally i dont care about the name gibson i'd love to own one but right now where im at i cant afford one at all so to hold me for the next couple of years i want an epiphone.
    Proud Master of Strats.....

Re: Just played a epiphone elitist les paul studio

I haven't played any but if it sounded and "felt" right then go for it!

Comment

You could probably pick up a used Heritage 150 in that price range.
      "Time is an illusion. Lunchtime, doubly so." ~ Ford Prefect

Comment

I'd kinda like to go for the elitist custom next year, maybe, if I dont go for the gibson. Havent gotten to play one yet though.
        Fender Classic 60's Strat
        Epi Les Paul - PG/SH-4
        DSL50 w/Avatar 2x12 (V30/G12H30)
        Vox V848 wah
        Line 6 MM-4
        Ibanez TS-9 Tubescreamer

Comment

Originally posted by Surgeon
          ...if it sounded and "felt" right then go for it!
          what he said
          -Tom

Epiphone G400 w/Duncan Custom
          Vox VT15
          Washburn D10SCE
          Getsch Electromatic Junior Jet Bass

Comment

yes i think i will there s no way i can justify spending like 4000 on a gibson custom si i might save up a little mroe and buy an eleitist custom LP i mean its the ebast fo the LPs forepiphone without going into gibson
            Proud Master of Strats.....

Comment

The Epiphone Elites got an excellent write up in Guitar Player, or one of those mags, the writer went as far as to say 'don't be surprised if it makes your Gibson Les Paul your second favorite guitar' - pretty favorable I'd say - I know some won't like that but thats what he said.

Comment

I saw a Joe Perry Boneyard Epiphone on Ebay yesterday. You can check to see if it's still there. That thing was amazing looking. Tigerseye flamed maple top, just like the Gibson! $699 and it looks like a million bucks. I could tell by the pics that the woods were equal to Gibson, even the back and neck.
                Originally posted by Boogie Bill
                I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

I like the mahagoney/alder Les Pauls, they're lighter and stuff.

I mean it still sounds heavy and mean like a Les Paul, but you can wear it without falling over.

I'm more of an SG man when it comes to Gibsons tho...

To me it seems like ESP's LTD series is a better choice for a Gibson-style guitar without the Gibson-style price tag. Most of 'em come with Duncans now, too.
                  green globe burned black by sunn

Comment

Working...
                  X