another amp question! Cant deicde!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• another amp question! Cant deicde!

i cant decide between a marshall dsl head with a 4x12 cab or a .50 cal mesa boogie combo. 2 very different amps i wish i could buy both well i mainly play in my room and with a band once in a while i know i love the .50 cal its 50 watts is plenty loud and sounds real nice even at low volume which is what i would be playing at most. but at the same time the marshall dsl jcm 2000 really caught my eye and ear. i love the tone but for a practice amp it wouldnt be a wise investment but jeeze i cant decide! right now i own a marshall mg100dfx solid state...and well...while its ok and pretty good at low volumes its just not the tone im looking for..i think its a little dull. u guys ever play a dsl at low volumes? probably doesnt sound too hot huh? and for a bedroom pratice amp im thinking its way overboard. but jeeze!! im leaning toward to .50 cal mesa. any input? try and change my mind? and just curious how much $$ to get a pro to retube a head? or combo?

Re: another amp question! Cant deicde!

I think the main thing you should focus on is the voicing of it period. You have a solid state Marshall, but maybe you should really give tube Marshalls a chance. However, it sounds like you don't like the Marshall type tone. If you're leaning towards a .50 cal, and you like it at low volumes, go for it.
    Originally posted by kevlar3000
    I learned a long time ago that the only thing that mattered regarding tone was what my ears thought.
    Originally posted by Zerberus
    Better is often the enemy of good
    Originally posted by ginormous
    Covers feed the body, originals feed the soul.

Comment

Re: another amp question! Cant deicde!

well see the thing is i do love the marshall dsl at high volumes but i never heard one in a small practice room so im thinking it would blow the window out hehe. thats one of the main reasons im leaning toward the boogie....i do like the .50 tone still they are both great.

Comment

Working...
      X