What is all this??(PIC)!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What is all this??(PIC)!!

there are so many stuff there cause some are for backup incase one unit breaks down
    Guitars:
    87' Gibson Les Paul Custom- Stock PUs
    86' Carvin V220- Super distortion neck, tonezone bridge....
    87' Cort Unknown Model, Modded- Dimarzio Super Distortion Bridge with Alnico V mag.

Amp:
    Bogner Ecstasy-stock Tubes
    Marshall JMP 50 watt- stock Tubes
    Fender Deluxe 90-Solid State..:-P

Comment

uh, word of advice:

I think everyone playing gigs should have backups in case the unforseen happens: guitar not working, amp dies...

Comment

Actually John's rack used to be about four times that size... it mainly had a few more FX processors, as well as Boogie pre and power amps (Triaxis, Simul 2:90, etc) and racked-up Dual Recs.

When Steve Vai was with DLR his rack was the most massive I'v ever seen... http://www.vai.com/Machines/livegear_whitesnake.html

...and that's ALL THE SAME RIG. That monstrosity actually produced SOUND! Can you imagine looking for a bad cable or a loose connection in that thing?

Comment

Hehe well now I remember why I do not have all that....... ......... .... #¤"!"265 anymore
          Yeah it is not even as bad as those I have seen during the eighties and nineties
          Not that it sounds bad...but for normal people that has to haul their own gear and have no techs, this is not a practical setup.
          Eventhough I have no trouble failing in dialing in sounds or service it, I am not going to get a big rack-rig again.
          Unless somebody else gets to haul it around

Comment

Oh a NASA rig! Basically a guitar plugged into a bowl of tonesucking spaghetti, back out to his speakers. Nice. I'd take Hawkman's setup first.
            Petrucci should line his rack with Christmas lights, so you can see the Mesa's among
            the digital readouts.
            Originally posted by Boogie Bill
            I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

Hmm....when you break it down it's not so incredible though:

AMP: - Three Boogie Mk.IIC+ heads

TUNER: - a rack tuner

EFFECTS:
              A Wah unit - A dunlop Crybaby rack unit
              - an Eventide harmonizer
              - four TC Electronics processors (looks like 2 Gforces and 2 2290's) - presumably a backup of each in case of failure.

POWER:
              - Furman power conditioner
              - another Furman unit

SWITCHING:
              - Three switcher units (MIX, GCX, and MESA)
              - some sort of interface unit

So he uses a wah and three processors. Probably easier than running a huge pedal board with similar pedals with different settings.

Comment

Ah got me geetar. Ah hope to get wunna dem plug tings on payday (a cabbel?). One day, mebbe ah'll get wunna dem noisemaker tings. An ump?
                Romans 3:23; 6:23; 5:8; 10:13; 10:9-10

Teknon Theou
                https://youtube.com/channel/UCo848I2...e4jKB5DNZ4Y7hs
                Complaining that there are hypocrites in church is like complaining that fat people use the gym. Where else would you have them be?

Comment

"I don't play very loud or use any distortion, but I like my amp clean with a bit of reverb in order to give it that flavor. Also I don't use picks and I don't need any of that electronic crap that would make my instrument sound like something from outer space!"
                  - Gatemouth Brown, 2001

Comment

Sounding like something from outer space isn't so bad though. Thats always fun. Robert Fripp uses a pretty extensive setup (http://guitargeek.com/rigview/396/) and his tone is not only great, but highly original. I don't subscribe to the 'tonesucking spaghetti' idea..in fact, some pedals will destroy your tone a lot worse than rack fx that are designed not to. It is all in the hands. Whatever you need to feel like you can play your best is alright by me.
                    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

mabey that is why the east coast power grid failed over the summer someone left the fridge open and JP fired up that rig !!!!!!!!!!!!!
                      Wayne Rock-legend #143 Jazz/JB
                      Suhr OD-50
                      Suhr 4x12" Vintage 30's

"Bradshaw" Moded Crybaby, Majik Box Rocket Fuel

Comment

Working...
                      X