banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I saw a funny-looking Line 6 guitar the other day...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I saw a funny-looking Line 6 guitar the other day...

At my local guitar shop there is a Line 6 guitar routed for, get this, PASSIVE PICKUPS! It has a single coil in the neck and a humbucker in the bridge. Is this not the epitome of irony and hilarity?

Re: I saw a funny-looking Line 6 guitar the other day...

Was it like this from the factory or had it been modified?
    GMP Pawnshop Deluxe - Custom Custom Bridge, 59n

Parker Fly, Ruby Red, 1996 H/H/P

Parker Nitefly SSH

THD Univalve with Avatar Cab

Bad Cat Mini Cat

Vox Valvetronix AD-60 1x12

"Thanks for comin out and...
    KEEPIN THE SCENE ALIVE"

Comment

Originally posted by mrid
      At my local guitar shop there is a Line 6 guitar routed for, get this, PASSIVE PICKUPS! It has a single coil in the neck and a humbucker in the bridge. Is this not the epitome of irony and hilarity?
      Sounds like someone modded a Variax?? Line 6 doesn't have anything like that in production or on the design block. I'd like to hear more about this...

BTW, did it look kind of like this but with a different pickup config?
      Last edited by BS123; 10-21-2004, 11:03 AM.
      -Butch Snyder
      butchsnyder.com

Never cut your nose off to spite your face. It never grows back...

Comment

Actually I think that would be a good idea.

The majority of the Line 6 models seem to be catered towards vintage stuff, if you could put more modern sounding passive pups in there you could cover yet more bases still.

That said its probably been modified post-factory
        My clips

Originally posted by Rid
        How do I block my hardtail?

Comment

Wow and that variax looks 10 times better than hey way the normal "stock" one does,(In other words it looks pretty good as its not very asthetically pleasing stock IMO)
          Marshall JVM 410C
          Mesa Boogie DC-3
          ~2010 USA G&L Legacy Special/S-500 bastard-child, Tobaccoburst.
          1996 USA G&L Legacy, Honeyburst, SSS , Dimarzio Injector/Kinman AVn69/AVn69
          2007 USA Gibson LP Studio, Stock PUPs
          2005 USA EBMM Silhouette Special,Hardtail , Tobaccoburst,SSS Stock PUPs
          1999 USA Peavey Wolfgang,Flame Cherryburst Trem
          2005 MIM Fender Tele, Hotrails/Stock Neck
          1997 Yamaha Pacifica 812 EMGs

Comment

Originally posted by nuntius
            The majority of the Line 6 models seem to be catered towards vintage stuff, if you could put more modern sounding passive pups in there you could cover yet more bases still.
            That's a growing need over at the Line 6 Forum. More and more people are wanting modern models such as pickups. The "WorkBench" might take care of this...
            -Butch Snyder
            butchsnyder.com

Comment

Originally posted by BS123
              BTW, did it look kind of like this but with a different pickup config?
              Yep, it looked as if it was pretty well done.

Comment

I know a few folks have done this. Also, Warmoth offers bodies where you can drop the Variax electronics in. They're routed for magnetic pickups and you can presumably switch between the two if not mix and match.
                Originally posted by LesStrat
                make sure that you own the gear, not vice versa.
                My Music

Comment

The Line 6 Workbench software is pretty amazing. I've seen it in early forms at one of our Line 6 usergroup meetings. You can do things like change the cap values, put pickups on top of each other, or even on the neck itself, angle it any way you want (within reason). Once it's released, you will be nothing short of amazed!
                  Institute Of Noise Music Productions
                  http://www.instituteofnoise.com

Director of US Sales & Operations
                  Bogner Amplification
                  http://www.bogneramplification.com

Comment

Originally posted by InstituteOfNoise
                    The Line 6 Workbench software is pretty amazing. I've seen it in early forms at one of our Line 6 usergroup meetings. You can do things like change the cap values, put pickups on top of each other, or even on the neck itself, angle it any way you want (within reason). Once it's released, you will be nothing short of amazed!
                    I'm right there with you!
                    -Butch Snyder
                    butchsnyder.com

Comment

I canīt remember which Board it was on, but about 6 months ago somebody routed out his Tele for Variax guts (in addition to Mag. PUs) and IIRC achieved pretty decent results
                      Zerberus Industries: Where perfection just isn't good enough.

Listen to my music at http://www.soundclick.com/infiniteending and www.subache.com

Comment

Originally posted by Zerberus
                        I canīt remember which Board it was on, but about 6 months ago somebody routed out his Tele for Variax guts (in addition to Mag. PUs) and IIRC achieved pretty decent results
                        That would be Jeff Miller....

Jeff Miller's TeleAx mods

There have been a couple of other players to successfully do this too.
                        Last edited by BS123; 10-21-2004, 01:32 PM. Reason: Here's more info
                        -Butch Snyder
                        butchsnyder.com

Comment

thats actually pretty sweet looking (the teleax)

if it had some dumby p'ups in there i'd say it would be perfect looking and probably a great sounding guitar

Comment

Originally posted by BS123
                            That would be Jeff Miller....

Jeff Miller's TeleAx mods

There have been a couple of other players to successfully do this too.
                            Thanks Butch. I thought of Jeff, but for some reason my mind didnīt draw the connection
                            Zerberus Industries: Where perfection just isn't good enough.

Listen to my music at http://www.soundclick.com/infiniteending and www.subache.com

Comment

Working...
                            X