Uh, look what I'm getting:

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Uh, look what I'm getting:

MIJ fender pink paisley strat body, with replacement neck and kent armstrong pickups. Dirt cheap (about what I can buy a blank body for down here).

I going to check out the neck, and if it's decent, I'll clean it up, tint it, and play it as is. If it's not, I'll throw on one of my other necks. I may even throw a tele neck on it for hybrid fun. Ideally, I'd like to put a fat maple neck with a 50s fender headstock.

It'll also get a set of duncans (of course). If I put a tele neck on it, it'll probably get a twangbanger in the bridge.

Now, all I have to do is find a matching tele, and recover my amp in pink paisley...
    Originally posted by Jolly
    ...but then again, I'm so deaf I can't even hear myself fart.

Re: Uh, look what I'm getting:

Looks like a good project, are you going to keep the finish intact? So what did you pay, if you don't mind me asking?
    '06 Gibson R8, '94 Gibson LP Jr Special, Fender CS Dirty Dozen Strat, Fender Hotrod '52 Tele, /13 FTR37, Kemper, DrZ EMS, DrZ Plus, Various pedals

Comment

US$250 shipped. I'm definitely keeping the finish, that's the whole reason I bought it. I'm a huge fan of the paisley teles, but for some reason I don't really like the untinted gumby headstock necks they put on the paisley strats. So just getting the body is fine by me.

Now I've got to dig out my pink paisley vintage 70s Lee cowboy shirt...

Comment

LOL, there you go buddy. Bring back the 70's, I miss them!
        '06 Gibson R8, '94 Gibson LP Jr Special, Fender CS Dirty Dozen Strat, Fender Hotrod '52 Tele, /13 FTR37, Kemper, DrZ EMS, DrZ Plus, Various pedals

Comment

frickin sweet
          Originally posted by krankguitarist
          And I *really* wouldn't lop Affliction and Ed Hardy in the same category. Affliction stuff can have a sense of subtlety to it.

Comment

Mega cool!
            My Bands -
            https://kamikazechoir.hearnow.com/
            www.instagram.com/kamikazechoir
            www.reverbnation.com/theheartlessdevils

Just some fun guitar stuff from time to time
            GUITAR KULTURE

Comment

Originally posted by Hot _Grits
              MIJ fender pink paisley strat body, with replacement neck and kent armstrong pickups. Dirt cheap (about what I can buy a blank body for down here).

I going to check out the neck, and if it's decent, I'll clean it up, tint it, and play it as is. If it's not, I'll throw on one of my other necks. I may even throw a tele neck on it for hybrid fun. Ideally, I'd like to put a fat maple neck with a 50s fender headstock.

It'll also get a set of duncans (of course). If I put a tele neck on it, it'll probably get a twangbanger in the bridge.

Now, all I have to do is find a matching tele, and recover my amp in pink paisley...
              Plug that paisley strat into pink paisley Krank halfstack with chrome front.
              But you have to denim bellbottoms with a sleeveless Tshirt, like you're from an old Stevie Wonder video.
              Pink paisley teles aren't my thing, but I actually like that strat. Is that gold or silver in the center?
              Originally posted by Boogie Bill
              I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

Originally posted by Gearjoneser
                Plug that paisley strat into pink paisley Krank halfstack with chrome front.
                But you have to denim bellbottoms with a sleeveless Tshirt, like you're from an old Stevie Wonder video.
                Pink paisley teles aren't my thing, but I actually like that strat. Is that gold or silver in the center?
                `

From memory a bit of both.

Got the bellbottoms and the sleeveless t shirt. I've been lost in the 70s to some degree or other since about '91.

Comment

Awsome!!
                  Epiphone Les Paul Studio (59 neck and JB bridge)
                  Marshall Valvestate 8080 (80 watts)
                  Korg AX1500G multi-fx
                  RAT
                  Boss PH-1r
                  Ibanez cf-7
                  Ibanwz ts-7
                  Danelectro tremolo
                  Vintage RAT - needs a fix!

Not much else - it does the job

Dooogz is taking a break from SD - ill be back soon crew!

Comment

Nice guitar!

Comment

Didn't I see that one on TradeMe recently?

Comment

Originally posted by Jonny R
                        Didn't I see that one on TradeMe recently?
                        Yes indeed.

Just took delivery this morning. the body and pickguard are in good nick, and the guitar plays and intonates very well. Sounds nice, warm and balanced.

The neck is a little wider and flatter than I normally use, and has a very rough nut. I'll probably stick my bbq strat neck on it for the meantime, and either sell the neck off or get it worked on.

Comment

Working...
                        X