• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I played the new Lite Ash Tele today

Here are my thoughts.

Price: $599.99
    Made: Korea
    Body: Very light and BEAUTIFUL. This thing sings acoustic resonance and sustain before you even plug it in.
    Sound: The Duncan pups are very warm yet SPANK with the best of them. The sound is very much like a 52.
    Neck: The neck overall is a big let down. The Birds eye has very little curl and the fret work is crap... very much like a budget squier. The neck also feels very thin.

I give it an 8 out of 10 only because of the neck. If I were to buy one I would swap necks asap and then this guitar would be a dream.

Re: I played the new Lite Ash Tele today

Thanks for the review. I've been G.A.S.ing for one since I saw them on Fender's site about a month or so ago. I'd be willing to bet they're like most guitars....good ones and bad ones....you probably just have to play a few to find the one that fits you. I'm gonna try to go check them out this weekend. Thanks again.

Comment

cool. thanks for the review!
      esp ltd deluxe ec-1000 (amber sunburst)
      fender mim standard strat
      peavey classic 30
      johnson j-station
      original ibanez ts-9 (not in use)
      dunlop crybaby (sometimes in use)
      yamaha f-310p acoustic
      taylor 410 acoustic
      "This ain't no ballet-we want people to listen with their eyes closed,to just let the music come inside them and forget their wordly cares..." Duane Allman
      "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." - Dr. Suess

Comment

thanks for the review telerifik .. where in the b'more area did you play one .. i need to go feel one and hear one before i decide ... Bill's in Catonsville? GC in Towson? other?

cheers,
        t4d
        gear list in profile

"no seymour - no tone ... know seymour - know tone!"

Is it not the glory of the people of America that, whilst they have paid a decent regard to the opinions of former times and other nations, they have not suffered a blind veneration for antiquity, for custom, or for names, to overrule the suggestions of their own good sense, the knowledge of their own situation, and the lessons of their own experience?" - James Madison - Federalist #14

Comment

well I loved the one I played. It had a nice birdseye neck and great tone and setup. sorry you got a dud man.

Comment

Bummer about the small neck size. I'd want one with at least a 60s c shape...
            Originally posted by Jolly
            ...but then again, I'm so deaf I can't even hear myself fart.

Comment

Thanks for the review, could you tell us a bit more about the three saddle bridge? What was your impression?
              '06 Gibson R8, '94 Gibson LP Jr Special, Fender CS Dirty Dozen Strat, Fender Hotrod '52 Tele, /13 FTR37, Kemper, DrZ EMS, DrZ Plus, Various pedals

Comment

i have the tree saddle bridge on both of my teles and i think thats how you get the best tele sound. I think the individual saddle bridges take away from that cool, almost in tune twang that only belongs to the tele
                Cleveland Guitars

Comment

Originally posted by tone4days
                  thanks for the review telerifik .. where in the b'more area did you play one .. i need to go feel one and hear one before i decide ... Bill's in Catonsville? GC in Towson? other?

cheers,
                  t4d
                  GC in Towson.

Comment

Originally posted by JumpMarine
                    Thanks for the review, could you tell us a bit more about the three saddle bridge? What was your impression?
                    I loved the bridge, of course 30 min of play say nothing for long term use, but my first impression of the bridge was KILLER VINTAGE TONE! The saddles were solid and on mark right off the rack. I just wish it did not have such a damn small neck.

Comment

Thanks for the review.

I was afraid of this, I hate small necks. Looks like I'll be going the custom route.
                      Originally posted by kevlar3000
                      I learned a long time ago that the only thing that mattered regarding tone was what my ears thought.
                      Originally posted by Zerberus
                      Better is often the enemy of good
                      Originally posted by ginormous
                      Covers feed the body, originals feed the soul.

Comment

...I have small hands so I tend to like small necks.

Te birdseye is not as heavily figured as something you'd get from warmoth but it's still nice. And the fretwork and setup on the ones in my shop were flawless.

Comment

Did i hear the words "Made In Korea"? Wow, i thought at least Japan. They do look like cool guitars though.
                          If i was to get one, i'd have to ditch that 3 saddle bridge. I really don't like those things anymore. That "almost in tune" sound started to drive me crazy and is causing me to part out my 50's tele so i can get the MIM Standard Tele i've had my eye on for awhile now. I've liked those from the start, so i'm gonna get one even if it is MIM lol They have everything i like about a tele. Perfect neck for my hands, all the ones i've had experience with have rarely needed tuning, and i just think they look pretty cool. I even like the pickups! I like a tele to have a thinner, "biting" tone with really articulate single notes, and this does just that!

FenderBender
                          2006 Fender Standard Telecaster
                          2005 Fender 70's Reissue Stratocaster
                          2003 Fender Blues Junior (Laquered Tweed, Ltd. Ed.)

Originally posted by Kivitel
                          You will probably be hit by a Pontiac fiero on your way to the liquor store or something, and it will just be like hitting the reset button on a Nintendo.

Comment

Semi Rumor Alert

did you guys know that the MIM Fenders use american necks? Makes me wonder if the Korean ones are american as well. Probably not, to far to have to ship them to.

I got this tidbit from someone in the know. Someone I trust, but it's only one source.

www.CelticAmplifiers.com

"You can't save everybody, everybody don't wanna be saved."

Comment

scott, are your sure they use american necks? i think you mean the highway 1 guitars use american necks....

could be wrong though of corse
                              esp ltd deluxe ec-1000 (amber sunburst)
                              fender mim standard strat
                              peavey classic 30
                              johnson j-station
                              original ibanez ts-9 (not in use)
                              dunlop crybaby (sometimes in use)
                              yamaha f-310p acoustic
                              taylor 410 acoustic
                              "This ain't no ballet-we want people to listen with their eyes closed,to just let the music come inside them and forget their wordly cares..." Duane Allman
                              "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." - Dr. Suess

Comment

Working...
                              X