Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My New Amp

Hey guys.

I finally got my Marshall JTM60 combo last weekend, and tried it out thru my Orange 4x12 last night. So I just thought I'd post the results.

I play mainly 60's and 70's style classic rock and blues, and this amp nails the sound I'm looking for. The amp is great when used with its own speaker (Celestion Heritage), but I couldnt believe how great it sounded with the Greenbacks in my 4x12!

The clean channel (with volume at about 5) is a great clean sound (for a Marshall anyway) and has a 'sparkle' to it that I wasn't expecting. With my Les Paul the clean channel was on the verge of Overdrive which sounded very natural and cleaned up when the volume on the guitar was backed off.

The Overdrive channel is great too! The gain control goes to 20, which is more gain than I use myself, but even though it can get high gain sounds it was still a very clear sounding Overdrive/Distortion. I set the gain at 8/20, volume at about 8, cranked master volume upto 5 and was having a blast

With my Les Paul the sound was kind of a slightly heavier Thin Lizzy Live sounding tone, which is what I want from my Les Paul. With my Strat Plus (with Ants) the sound was similar to that of Richie Blackmore on 'Since You've Been Gone', which is again what I want from a Strat. It had a very vintage vibe to it, but still lets the Quack and Character of the Strat's pups shine thru.

All in all, I'm very impressed with this amp on its own, and couldn't stop playing it when it was put thru my Orange 4x12

I know no-one will care, but thought I'd post anyway

Craig

P.S 1 thing did concern me with this amp, and that was that the top of the amp was very hot after about an hours playing. Is this normal with these amps or should I worry?

Re: My New Amp

Very cool Brow. I agree, a 4x12 greenback cabinet really makes a difference. Good score man
    My Duncan demos and songs

Comment

yeah man thats a good amp. Congats.

Comment

Originally posted by Brow
        P.S 1 thing did concern me with this amp, and that was that the top of the amp was very hot after about an hours playing. Is this normal with these amps or should I worry?

No, I would not be worried about it. My DSL does the same thing. Those tubes start cooking and the heat has no where to go but out the back and through the top vents (if it has top vents). If it really bothers you put a clip on fan on the back.

J
        Low wattage rocks!
        Bumbox Lead 1
        Orange Tiny Terror
        Vox 120VTH
        ----------------------
        Gibson LP Standard - SG Supreme
        Agile LP-2500 - Jackson JSX-94

Comment

good score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
          Wayne Rock-legend #143 Jazz/JB
          Suhr OD-50
          Suhr 4x12" Vintage 30's

"Bradshaw" Moded Crybaby, Majik Box Rocket Fuel

Comment

Cheers for the replies guys.

I not really got much else to say apart from I love the amp. Especially thru my 4x12

I'm glad that the heat from the top of the amp isn't an issue. Like someone mentioned, if it bothers me I can always put a fan behind the amp.

Craig

Comment

Very underated amp. I had the JCM 600 2x12 which is the same circuit....I regret selling it.
              My Sound Clips

Comment

Working...
              X