Wait, wha....huh?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wait, wha....huh?

Newest issue of Musicians Friend. Fender Standard Strat. "It also features a pao ferro fretboard that gives you the warmth of rosewood with the smooth feel of ebony". When in the hell did Fender start putting pao ferro on Standard Strats, or is this another MF blunder? I'm really leaning towards the later, since I do my best to keep up with every official change on the Strat and Tele, and I havnt heard anything about this, even at the FDP.
    This is the very perfection of a man, to find out his own imperfections. - St. Augustine of Hippo

Re: Wait, wha....huh?

I missed that, but if you look at the picture it distinctly shows both the rosewood and pao ferro necks. It must not be one of MF's many blunders.

EDIT: Now that I reread the listing, it also says that it's an ash body. That can't be right, it should be alder.
    Last edited by JumpMarine; 10-26-2004, 11:31 PM.
    '06 Gibson R8, '94 Gibson LP Jr Special, Fender CS Dirty Dozen Strat, Fender Hotrod '52 Tele, /13 FTR37, Kemper, DrZ EMS, DrZ Plus, Various pedals

Comment

Re: Wait, wha....huh?

yeah, that ash body aint right either. If you're talking about that blue agave strat with the light board, I'm thinking that it's probably a light rosewood. Bad lighting conditions plus a light batch of RW = the look of pao ferro. "A gorgeous ash body; given a natural finish". The standard dont come in natural, so what gives?
      This is the very perfection of a man, to find out his own imperfections. - St. Augustine of Hippo

Comment

Working...
      X