X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Push/push pots (again)

Hi all,

I'm still on my quest for some 500k audio taper push/push DPDT pots

I walked into a guitar store today, and asked if they had 500k audio taper push/pull DPDT pots, to which the reply was 'yes, here you are. We also have push/push pots, if you're interested.."

I ultimately ended up walking away with an Allparts push/push pot, which I have now worked out to be a linear taper pot

Will a linear taper pot be OK for use as a tone pot?

I was planning to rewire a strat with a master volume, master tone, and a master EMG-SPC control, with the tone and volume pots both being push/push - and I did want an audio taper pot at least for the volume.

The only places I've been able to find with 500k audio taper push/push DPDT pots are Warmoth and this place:

This website is for sale! guitarjonesusa.com is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, guitarjonesusa.com has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

Has anyone heard of these people? Are they OK for shipping parts to the UK?

I don't really want to have to use a push/pull pot for the volume control

Re: Push/push pots (again)

Push/Pulls are what I prefer, as you actually know which setting your on. I have a guitar with Push/Push and I'm permenantly forgetting which pup is set to which...

Just a thought
    My clips

Originally posted by Rid
    How do I block my hardtail?

Comment

i like push push better...besides hearing the differece to know it is on, you can look and see the knob raised...it is much easier than grapping the knob and pulling up.
      Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

I know what you mean. I had to return three sets of pots because of this. There was a mistake with Allparts' supplier, and they mistakenly sent them all linear tapered pots. No one complained, so Allparts never realized the mistake. I started asking parts dealers to check their pots with a multimeter, and sure enough, they were all surprised to find that the audio tapered pots they'd ordered were actually linear tapered. Supposedly, they're in the process of trying to correct the problem and get more audio taper pots made.

I highly recommend finding a Dimarzio dealer and ordering some of the Dimarzio brand push/pull pots. They are of much better quality than the Allparts pots (which are made by Alpha.) Just make sure you specify audio taper when ordering them, as they've just recently started making them in an audio taper. Before September, all Dimarzio pots were linear tapered. So if the store has any in stock, chances are they're the old linear tapered ones. I just placed an order for two of them for my Strat project, they should be here tomorrow.

Ryan
        Originally posted by JOLLY
        I'm the reason we had to sign waivers

Comment

By the way, return the linear tapered pot. I had always thought linear pots were good for tone controls, until I actually tried it myself. I couldn't hear any difference between 4 and 10. Having tried linear pots for both volume and tone, I've decided that they are not suitable for guitar use. I use audio tapered pots only.

Ryan
          Originally posted by JOLLY
          I'm the reason we had to sign waivers

Comment

Working...
          X