Thanks Gearjoneser!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks Gearjoneser!

Thanks again for the tip on the tubes and Revolution Guitar. The new tubes, Svetlana EL34's and JJ 12ax7's, sound great in my JCM 600. The JJ's are a bit darker, but it really tames the almost shrill highend that I had before. And talk about smoooooth OD.
    '06 Gibson R8, '94 Gibson LP Jr Special, Fender CS Dirty Dozen Strat, Fender Hotrod '52 Tele, /13 FTR37, Kemper, DrZ EMS, DrZ Plus, Various pedals

Re: Thanks Gearjoneser!

Good choice JumpMarine, that's exactly the tube setup I have as well.

Svetlana "Winged C" EL-34s and JJ ECC83s tubes Awesome tone.
    Originally posted by kevlar3000
    I learned a long time ago that the only thing that mattered regarding tone was what my ears thought.
    Originally posted by Zerberus
    Better is often the enemy of good
    Originally posted by ginormous
    Covers feed the body, originals feed the soul.

Comment

I know I sound like an opinionated A hole, but tube amps deserve nothing but the best.
      You can search far and wide for N.O.S. tubes, but the reality is that if you find a tube set that really works, and is the best modern tube companies can provide, you're doing pretty good. I see guys spend ridiculous money on esoteric tubes on Ebay.
      I've actually pulled out Mullards, replaced them with Svetlana and Teslas, and sold the Mullards for enough money to buy two sets of those. The end of the cold war really helped the tube amp market, cause you couldn't get Soviet and Yugoslavian tubes for this price, 10 yrs. ago.
      Originally posted by Boogie Bill
      I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

Da man is da man^
        Hehe yeah I also had a set of old Mullards that was sitting in my old Selmer, they sould for twice the price of a normal set of EL-34's.
        Bought a set of Svets and never worried about it.

Comment

Gearjoneser,
          Could you post a link to Revolutionguitar.com. I can't find it anywhere. I think I'm gonna get some Svetlana 6L6's.
          Last edited by Skullkrusher; 04-03-2004, 02:25 AM.

Comment

Hey 'joneser, are you running this combo in your Jubilee??
            GUITARS
            STRATS: Custom Strat - Lil 59/Classic Stack/Hot Stack, Jackson Fusion - C5/JB Jr/JB Jr, Kramer Pacer Custom - CC/SSL-1/SSL-1, Schecter V-1 Plus - C5/SSL-6/SSL-6, VH1 Strat - 59, Fender Partsocaster - C/PG hybrids

LESTERS: Edwards Sykes Custom - DD/DD, Edwards Custom V/white - JB/59, Burny Floyd Rose Les Paul
            AMPS
            Engl Screamer 50 combo + V112 Cab, Splawn Competition, Marshall 1982A & 1982B, Marshall 1960A.

Comment

Originally posted by JumpMarine
              Thanks again for the tip on the tubes and Revolution Guitar. The new tubes, Svetlana EL34's and JJ 12ax7's, sound great in my JCM 600. The JJ's are a bit darker, but it really tames the almost shrill highend that I had before. And talk about smoooooth OD.

I bought some Svets off of Gearjoneser for my UniValve...I'll have to get some JJ 12AX7s & try that combo out!

Guitars: Frankinstein TeleBird/Classic Vibe Esquire w/BG-1400/Martin 000-28EC
              Amps: 3rd Power Dream Solo 4 '68 Plexi/Port City Wave 2x12
              FX: Skinpimp Faceplant/Skinpimp 3OD/Flyin' Dragon

https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/fa...wn/id786464154
              http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/seanhanley

Comment

Working...
              X