Ltd Ec1000 Vs Ec400 Vs Ec400ats?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ltd Ec1000 Vs Ec400 Vs Ec400ats?

Any tonal difference between the EC1000 and the EC400? Both have EMGs, the 400 lacks the frills (which I dont need) but it also lacks the maple top. Does that make much difference? I presume the top is thin.

How about the 400ATS? It has the arch top but of course Duncan pups..
    Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Re: Ltd Ec1000 Vs Ec400 Vs Ec400ats?

Well,

I don't think you'll hear any difference between the 400 and the 1000... The maple cap is pretty thin on the 1000 so it won't make a huge difference if any (be aware that the black one doesn't have a maple cap...)

The 400 ATS is built to mimic a LP more: it is thicker (not sure about a maple cap tho), 22 frets, etc... so it's closer to a LP specs...

The 1000 and 400 will probably have more bite than the ATS (IMO) since you have less wood...

Hope this helps a little...

Comment

Re: Ltd Ec1000 Vs Ec400 Vs Ec400ats?

Surgeon,
      Thanks a bunch! That helped alot! I actually wanted a black EC1000 but if it doesnt have the maple cap... The ATS would be cool but I really want the EMGs. Hmm Only one Ive played is the EC1000. Is the neck shape the same on the EC400? I could save $ getting that one. I figured they prob sounded about the same as the cap is thin and the EMGS. It should be a good axe, just less cosmetic frills. Still has the Earvana and grover keys are good. I could add sperzels later..
      Thanks!
      Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

Working...
      X