Saw Lynch/Malmsteen show last night

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saw Lynch/Malmsteen show last night

Lynch was great. I think he is very consistent. Wicked Sensation, Mr Scary ... he always sounds good. Funny thing is that sometimes he looks like being ELECTROCUTED ...LOL

Yngwei? I don't know. Shredding after shredding. It got kinda boring after few songs. I was like "OK I get it. you can play fast". 5 4x12 cabs and 10 freaking vintage marshall heads. Rudy Sarzo was playing bass. He was really a tiny guy. The best part was when they covered "Burn" (Deep Purple). It was freaking awesome. Deep Purple Rocks!

After giving rides to my friends, I went home and it was 3:00am this morning ...
    "Tone is in the cheese." -LSP

"whoever says angus young is overrated is a complete idiot." -flank

Re: Saw Lynch/Malmsteen show last night

Yeah as much as a great guitarist malmsteen is, i get bored of his songs very very quickly because he just seems to do the same shlt.
    My Soundclick page.

Comment

Dissing Yngwie Malmsteen

Comment

I saw them in Houston. It was a great show! I personally like Yngwie, but I have to agree that he could take a lesson on...self restraint, esp. when it comes to playing. His music would benefit if he'd let the other musicians play more and not chug, chug, chug in Eb minor. His songs are there to showcase his playing, that's why they are monotonous. I'd love to hear him play with a really good, dynamic band-especially if he'd let others play. The G3 DVD is good, too.

Lynch was awesome as well. Sweet fat tones. Too bad...no Dokken. Oh well, all good things...his band was good, but I didn't like the singer.

Overall, great show.

Farkus
        2007 Strat ('78 bridge, a2 Pro neck)
        1976 Strat (Antiquity 1 set)

Fender, Mesa, Marshall Amps

Comment

i will be checkin out MR SCARY on monday night without mr malmsteen in connecticut !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
          Wayne Rock-legend #143 Jazz/JB
          Suhr OD-50
          Suhr 4x12" Vintage 30's

"Bradshaw" Moded Crybaby, Majik Box Rocket Fuel

Comment

You mentioned Yngwie's backline, but what was Lynch's gear roundup?
            Originally posted by Boogie Bill
            I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

hey gearjones on the lynch site in the live photos 2004 and in the fan forum show reviews i saw some pictures and he had 3 4x12's and 3 marshall heads 1 plexi 1 jcm800 and some other older marshall i am not sure i will post a review on tuesday after i see the show myself full headlining set !!!!!!!!!!!!
              Wayne Rock-legend #143 Jazz/JB
              Suhr OD-50
              Suhr 4x12" Vintage 30's

"Bradshaw" Moded Crybaby, Majik Box Rocket Fuel

Comment

Lynch used two Plexi heads and two 4X 12. He was the opener so his rig was simple.
                "Tone is in the cheese." -LSP

"whoever says angus young is overrated is a complete idiot." -flank

Comment

I love 'em both.... studio and live, they rip my friggin' head off every time! Yngwie has some sweet vibrato if you ask me.
                  Originally posted by Scott_F
                  On that day, should I ever be so unlucky, I will expect an unholy assault of pure metal mayhem attacking all my senses with a little tiny voice in the background screaming Effing Hails!

Comment

ya i have yet to be impressed by yngwie
                    Down at the edge, close by a river.
                    Close to the edge, round by the corner.
                    Close to the end, down by the corner.
                    Down at the edge, round by the river.

Comment

Working...
                    X